Senior Data Scientist
Who You Are:
You are already a Data Scientist and you are looking for a new challenge. You know where to get data and what to do with it once you have it. You are experienced in collecting, organizing and analyzing data and you know how to draw out an interpretation and present your findings in a compelling way. You know that machine learning, when combined with quality data, can build a powerful tool that can be applied to almost anything; you also know that machine learning isn't the only aspect of being a data scientist.
Your Next Challenge:
- Perform data exploration, statistical analysis, and modeling on how the world interacts with Getty Images.
- Develop tools, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources.
- Use your insight to identify meaningful patterns that indicate opportunity.
- Create prototypes and experiments to test the viability of your insights and demonstrate results to leadership.
- Consults with product development teams on production build-out of prototypes.
- Work to build a foundation that the data science team can be expanded from.
What You’ll Need:
- A PhD or Masters degree in computer science, statistics or a related field.
- 3+ years real-world experience solving business problems with statistical modeling incorporating machine learning, data mining, and exploratory data analysis.
- Experience working with related technologies (Python, Matlab, Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark etc.)
- Ability to deliver insightful and actionable insights from complex datasets with only broad requirements.
- Presentation and visualization skills to present findings.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top