Senior Data Science Engineer
Who You Are:
Getty Images is looking for individuals that enjoy leveraging new and traditional Machine Learning methods to help turn large-scale business data into actionable insights. This role is responsible for evaluating large data sets for complex signals and behaviors, and using that work to help us build better products and experiences.
Your Next Challenge:
You will join a growing team of highly-collaborative and curious Data Scientists and Data Engineers. As a member of the team, you will have the chance to interact with key business stakeholders and leadership to define the biggest area of opportunities and accelerate the delivery of a robust portfolio of Data Science models.
Your primary goal will be to help extract insights and unlock value from customer data by transparently injecting Machine Learning methods to assist the business, and enabling marketing and sales professionals to define campaigns and actions based on your work.
You will also interact with the entirety of Getty Images data and technology stack, and collaborate with engineers to automate processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate data pipelines from multiple disparate sources.
We value learning and development, and you will be given every opportunity to work on projects that excite you. You will have the opportunity to sit at the intersection of Engineering, Marketing, Product and Leadership to inform, influence, support, and execute on key decisions.
What You'll Need:
- A Ph.D or MS in computer science, statistics, economics/econometrics, natural science or any other equivalent quantitative project is preferred. If you are self-taught and believe you are a good fit for this role, or have significant work experience, we would love to hear from you as well.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience working hands-on as a Data Scientist.
- Proficiency in Machine Learning, statistical modeling and/or data mining, and a good understanding of the real-world advantages and drawbacks of various Machine Learning techniques.
- Strong working knowledge in Python (preferred) or R, along with experience working within the Hadoop ecosystem, as well as with standard tools such as Git, bash and SQL.
- Strong communication skills (both written and orally) to team member and key stakeholders.
- Ability to independently execute on a project, from ideation to delivery to stakeholders, and can pro-actively interact with other engineers at Getty Images to access necessary resources or data.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Andrew helps set the technical direction for the company by teaming up with other engineers and developers to scale systems and improve features that accommodate growth across the product.
Back to top