Senior Data Engineer
Who You Are:
You are motivated by the technical challenges that come with structured and unstructured data at an enterprise level. Even more, you are energized by bringing solutions and innovations that help the business move forward. You are passionate about building data platforms, frameworks and driving insights from complex multi structured datasets.
Your Next Challenge:
We’re looking for an experienced Data Engineer to continue to evolve and mature our enterprise data platform. In this role, you will partner closely with product, analytics, and technology stakeholders to continue to grow and innovate the platform by:
- Design, implement and deliver cloud or on-prem based analytical solutions.
- Design and develop high-throughput, low-latency data processing pipelines including data quality and testing
- Identify approaches to extract valuable insights from massive datasets
- Research, evaluate and utilize new technologies, tools and frameworks
- Write well designed and efficient code
- Ensure scalability and high performance of the platform
- 5+ years hands-on experience with designing and implementing solutions using distributed technologies.
- Expert knowledge in modern distributed architectures and compute / data analytics / storage technologies on AWS Cloud.
- Hands-on working experience on AWS Redshift
- Experience in reporting and visualization tools
- Understanding of architectural principles and design patterns / styles using parallel large-scale distributed frameworks such as Hadoop and Spark;
- Advanced knowledge of a programming languages such as Scala, Java or Python
- Experience in SQL Server BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka and hive will be a plus
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of technical solutions, design patterns, and code for medium/complex applications deployed in production on Hadoop & Spark clusters.
- Outstanding analytical skills, excellent team player and delivery mindset.
- Experience in performance troubleshooting, SQL optimization, and benchmarking.
- Thorough understanding of service-oriented architectures and data processing in high-volume applications.
- Knowledge of working in UNIX environment with shell scripting.
- Experience building solutions using agile methodologies
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top