Product Specialist - Sport & Entertainment
Who You Are:
You are responsible for maintaining and growing revenue of our sport and entertainment products and services. You must be comfortable with aggressive sales targets and have strong client relationship skills. Your role requires day-to-day servicing of client accounts which includes sports rights holders, agencies and brands. In addition, you will be expected to recognize commercial opportunities within your client list and beyond.
Your role will involve supporting client content needs during major events for example photo and video assignments, social media content, solving problems and facilitating sales ensuring content is edited and delivered to clients. You will achieve this by working with our bank of photographers, videographers and editors and cross functional teams including production, editorial assignments and picture desk. There may be occasional opportunities to work in the field to assist team members at major events.
You will be results focused, self-motivated, and organized, with expert attention to detail. Ideally you will have a brand marketing/agency background whether in sports marketing, PR, creative, content or digital marketing. If you have management and new business skills, this would be highly desired.
Your Next Challenge:
- Create opportunities to grow the Getty Images product revenue by understanding your client’s business needs and issues and devising effective strategies
- Engage with customers to create opportunities, deepening relationships through face-to-face meetings.
- Proactively identify commercial opportunities through client meetings and industry networking, raising the profile of the Sport & Entertainment Team within the industry.
- Consistently reviewing the assigned account base to lock in revenue opportunities.
- Handling customer service tasks including image quotations & licensing, solicitation, inquiries, negotiation, and problem resolution. Sales activities include profiling clients, credit applications, customer and company set-up, invoicing and billing, creating event IDs, expenses, CRM management, and generating sales reports
- Work closely with the other sales teams to identify opportunities and make recommendations providing subject matter expertise and guidance.
- Cultivates and maintains expert knowledge of the product and the overall industry.
- Responsible for understanding the entire Getty product suite (company products, creative services, new technologies) and identifying opportunities to partner with other areas of the business; work cross-departmentally to achieve goals.
- Works a flexible schedule - days and some nights and weekends required based on your client needs
What You’ll Need:
- Desired 5+ years relevant experience in the specified field of Sport & Entertainment. This role focuses on sport and entertainment, celebrity and media markets; the ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of current news and sports events, influencers, industry trends and entertainment.
- Desired 5+ years of experience in negotiating, handling high touch/large volume accounts and media knowledge
- Proven consistent results meeting or exceeding sales targets and the ability to present solutions, persuade, negotiate and close a sale
- A positive attitude with lots of initiative and the ability to work with people across all departments and industry sectors
- Strong customer service and communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships. Experience as an Account Manager is helpful.
- Ability to build rapport with client contacts across all levels and drive long-term relationships. Understand their business direction; understand medium to long term goals
- Highly organized and can handle multiple assignments, managing projects and delivery expectations to clients on tight deadlines
- Ability to be agile, remain focused and make smart decisions in a rapidly changing, often ambiguous environment
- Proficient to advanced computer literacy (MS Office Tools and preferably the MS CRM system or Sales Force)
- Extracurricular activities, Media, Public Relations or other related degree and/or work experience demonstrate passion and knowledge to work within the Sports & Entertainment industry
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Back to top