Entertainment Picture Desk Editor (Night and Weekend Position)
Who You Are:
You have a passion for pictures and a commitment to upholding editorial integrity. You have excellent news judgment and thrive in the fast-paced, 24/7 world of entertainment media while working accurately and efficiently under deadline. You thrive and work well in non-traditional work hours often stretching into the early morning hours. You can navigate conversations between both creative and non-creative type personalities maintaining strong relationships. You can curate a strong gallery of images and are fluent in social media. You are a self-starting, multitasking, team player who can also assume individual responsibility for issues as they arise. You want to work for one of the world’s leading creators of images with some of the world’s best editorial photographers.
Your Next Challenge:
Picture Desk Editors are responsible for receiving, editing and distributing content to the global market under constant deadlines while ensuring quality and timely distribution. Picture desk editors work one-on-one with photographers and field editors globally to ensure quality. Editors are expected to repackage images into curated galleries and post to social media. Editors are the final gatekeepers of editorial integrity. Working nights and weekends is required.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in editorial photography industry
- Degree in photography/journalism/media preferred
- Knowledge of photography and digital imaging; experience with industry-standard editing tools and asset management software
- Commitment to deadlines and covering events during weekends and non-traditional working hours
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask while maintaining thorough attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize heavy workload and meet strict deadlines in a global environment
- Acute awareness of global entertainment, news, and sport events
- Proficiency in Windows- and Mac OS X-based systems and applications
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment; patience and diplomacy in high-pressure situations
- Comfort with working unusual shift hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Excellent writing, spelling and grammar skills
- Commitment to editorial integrity
- Solid news and picture judgment
- Familiarity with posting to social media
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top