Entertainment Photo Editor - Freelance
Who You Are:
You are an independent contractor who thrives and works well in non-traditional work hours. You have excellent entertainment news judgment and thrive in the fast-paced, 24/7 world of entertainment media while working accurately and efficiently under deadline. You have a passion for pictures and a commitment to upholding editorial integrity. You can navigate conversations between both creative and non-creative type personalities maintaining strong relationships. You can curate a strong gallery of images and are fluent in social media. You are a self-starting, multitasking, team player who can also assume individual responsibility for issues as they arise. You want to work for one of the world's leading creators of images with some of the world's best editorial photographers.
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience in editorial photography industry
- Degree in photography/journalism/media preferred
- Knowledge of photography and digital imaging; experience with industry-standard editing tools and asset management software with a strong understanding of color theory (also enhancement of digital image files, color-correction, contrast adjustment, sharpening, cropping)
- Acute awareness of global entertainment news
- Commitment to deadlines and covering events during weekends and non-traditional working hours
- Able to multitask while maintaining thorough attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize a heavy workload and meet strict deadlines in a global environment
- Proficiency in Windows and Mac OS X-based systems and applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment; patience and diplomacy in high-pressure situations
- Flexible to be able to work days, nights or weekends, on holidays and long hours when assignments are given; with occasional travel
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Andrew helps set the technical direction for the company by teaming up with other engineers and developers to scale systems and improve features that accommodate growth across the product.
Back to top