Director, User Experience Research
Who You Are:
You are a skilled and experienced researcher who is energized by deeply understanding customers. You are adept at using research to help drive decision making and amazing products. As the director of User Experience Research you will be responsible for designing and conducting user experience research and analyses that lead to actionable recommendations. You will be responsible for finding innovative ways to understand customer issues, behaviors, motivations and needs. You will explain findings with clarity and transparency, and propose recommendations. In addition to independently identifying key insights, as the director of user experience research you will manage the day to day and strategic activities of researchers who are each responsible for using data from multiple sources to develop a deep enterprise wide understanding of customer behavior. You and your team will work within cross functional teams focused on solving real customer problems, providing vital input based on the research you conduct. You will set an example to your team and others, on how to collaborate with other groups, and how to leverage customer insights to make meaningful improvements to our products and experiences and solve customer problems.
Your Next Challenge:
- Work closely with business stakeholders, product managers, product designers, web analytics, and marketing to identify gaps in the overall UX research strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements.
- Educate business owners, product managers, technology, etc about research principles in general, and for driving the integration of UX research data and processes into everyday activities.
- Guide and prioritize research program to ensure that resources are being used efficiently and effectively to maximize impact to business.
- Provide input into decisions that shape customer experience, optimization plans, site design and product development.
- Mentor your team members to help them grow as researchers and produce their best work
- Analyze data from multiple sources (e.g. user research, on-site testing, VOC tools, business intelligence tools) to develop insights and recommendations for improving our site performance.
- Guide the identification of what customer insights are required to improve our customer’s experience including that of key and prospective customer segments.
- Create clear presentations which highlight the impact of the customer experience on business results and work with the team to leverage customer information to improve user experience, increase revenue, decrease cost, and steer ecommerce and product design.
- Manage vendor selections and budgets.
- Ensure that entire team keeps up to date with UX research techniques and emerging research tools.
- Consistently provide immediate performance feedback to direct reports and perform semi-yearly performance reviews.
- Ensure that research data is consistently and accurately gathered, broadly communicated and archived.
What You’ll Need:
- 10 years working in user experience research
- 3+ years of leading interdisciplinary UX research teams by inspiring passion, dedication and amazing work from all team members
- In-depth knowledge of UX research principles and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to identify suspect data and a demonstrated ability to figure out how to make the best out of incomplete or troublesome data sets
- Ability to look for solutions and information in creative ways and convey complicated results and insights to people of varying backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex projects with significant financial implication and high executive visibility
- Intensely curious with an intrinsic love for research
- Solid relevant experience researching customer experience in an on-line merchandising environment
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Familiarity using Agile Methodologies preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or equivalent experience
- Master’s degree preferred
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Lexie works as part of the Front-end Development Team, building client-facing interfaces for the flagship Getty Images site.
Back to top