Director of User Experience
Who You Are:
As Director of User Experience, you are responsible for the creative output of the Getty Images website, with oversight of the design team and design processes. This includes the ideation, presentation and execution of new features and improvement of existing ones. You will provide art and design leadership and support product development efforts by working closely with Product Management, Engineering, Content, and Marketing. Your team will conceptualize and execute excellent visual solutions for a best-in-class interactive experience, maintaining style guide parameters, while also defining and meeting standards of quality for artwork.
Your Next Challenge:
- Lead our team of incredibly talented designers that oversees the gettyimages.com website
- Manage team in providing design from concept through project execution, including user stories, wireframes, prototypes, design specifications, and final designs
- Ensure new user experiences are produced at standards that uphold/elevate the company's brand identity
- Understand and apply user centered design best practices and techniques
- Build style guidelines and works with development to create reusable design elements
- Work collaboratively and iteratively with engineering, business owners, and other stakeholders. Incorporate input from multiple stakeholders while pushing back when appropriate based on user research, data, brand, and design principles
- Articulate design concepts and prototypes, communicating the "vision" in a variety of ways: visually and verbally
- Manages milestones, deadlines and scheduling for multiple simultaneous projects, keeping the team up to date with progress and decisions.
- Actively engages in strategic planning and company / cultural leadership
What You’ll Need:
- 7+ years of experience as user experience professional or human factors engineer with demonstrated ability to improve business performance and user satisfaction
- 3+ yeas of managing a creative team focused on digital development
- Experience working on large scale (10MM+) consumer-facing web sites.
- Demonstrated ability to bring products and services to market quickly in an agile development environment
- Demonstrated skill in designing usable web sites. Passion and discipline for visual design
- Portfolio review required
- BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top