Director of User Experience
Who you are:
We’re looking for an experienced and energetic Director of User Experience Design to bring leadership, vision and a strong executional mindset to our growing design team. Take the next step in your career by owning the end-to-end transformation of a global product’s customer experience. As leader of our GettyImages.com team, your job will be split between ensuring your team creates outstanding designs and providing the support they need to feel empowered, happy and productive.
Your next challenge:
- Lead alongside your team and partner with business and technical leaders to craft and realize a transformative customer experience for GettyImages.com.
- Manage and shape a strong team of designers, including: mentoring, career development recruiting and hiring.
- Ensure your team consistently creates high-quality experiences as you move from concept to release.
- Critique and provide insightful feedback to ensure designs adhere to our design system, are strong solutions and of high-quality.
- Constantly improve design processes, tools and communication in an ever-changing, fast paced working environment.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a management or leadership role on a design team.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in product design.
- Positive attitude, collaborative and a passion for design excellence.
- Experience working on large, customer-facing experiences.
- Broad understanding of end-to-end design and the many skills that fit under the title of UX Designer, including: interaction design, visual design, writing and front-end development.
- A solid history of outstanding design work and ability to coach and mentor a team towards great design.
- Ability to balance being a key partner, who has empathy towards their peers in and seeks consensus, while having a strong design presence and voice.
- Experience thriving in an agile/lean development environment.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top