Who You Are:
You are creative, motivated, experienced, independent, and detail-oriented. You would like to work with a dedicated in-house legal team and are able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a very organized fashion. You are fluent in German, French and English. You thrive in an agile environment and enjoy the challenge of bringing solutions to the table. You will work independently with parties inside and outside the company in exercising your responsibilities with a particular focus on claim and litigation management. You must show consistent good judgment as well as high quality organizational, communication and drafting skills. You are comfortable navigating through complex situations while maintaining a positive and productive attitude. You will report to Director, Senior Paralegal within the Legal Department. This is a great opportunity to work with a small, collegial legal team in a dynamic environment.
Your Next Challenge:
Independently and in partnership with internal and external counsel and paralegals manage conflict resolution, negotiate agreements, and help manage claims brought by external parties.
- Communicate in a calm, respectful, and articulate manner with internal and external parties, including claimants, customers, and outside legal counsel.
- Independently work with the various Content, Finance, Sales, and Technology departments globally in support of claim research and resolution.
- Analyze facts, contracts, and data associated to claims and offer potential resolutions.
- Provide support for paralegals and internal counsel in all claim and litigation matters, including enforcement activity and take-down procedures, as well as overall risk management. Prepare and manage legal documentation (contracts, legal correspondence, settlement drafting, etc.) and materials related to such duties.
- Update and maintain claim process documentation.
- Conduct independent legal research.
- Establish and maintain relationships with in-house clients and with outside service vendors, taking a cost-conscious approach at all times.
- Maintain accurate and current information in matter management database.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Graduate calibre or combination of legal experience and other degree
- A minimum of 2 years of experience resolving claims or equivalent (in-house experience a plus)
- Fluency in English and German. (French, Spanish and/or Italian a great bonus)
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle high-volumes of ongoing projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform complex tasks
- Calm and productive approach to conflict resolution is important
- Fluency in legal research databases and with MS Office
- Solutions-oriented, self-starter who works well with others
- Personable, low-maintenance, customer-service focus, sense of humor mandatory
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top