Who You Are:
You love developing elegant solutions to complex problems. You are a developer who enjoys coding and find yourself exploring the latest code development practices, platforms and design patterns because it's fun. You regularly read code blogs to stay in touch with the development community and are passionate about finding ways to improve quality, performance and delivery times. You are well established as an excellent individual contributor, but do your best work as a member of an effective team. You have a great mix of technical and soft skills which allows you to excel in a highly collaborative, agile work environment. Software craftsmanship means something to you.
Your Next Challenge:
Be a part of development and maintenance of project code including:
- Take an active role in all aspects of the development life cycle
- Utilize TDD and BDD
- Work within a continuous integration release cycle
- Create and maintain project documentation, in accordance with established standards
Participate in implementation of a high volume, high traffic web based application including:
- Develop proprietary and open-sourced technologies
- Have impact on the direction of projects and features
- Work in an agile environment utilizing the LEAN/KANBAN process
- Work on a development team that is within a larger technology organization
What You’ll Need:
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming (OO) with real world enterprise web development experience
- Ruby with RoR experience is a must
- Must have experience with HTML5, CSS3 and other front end tools (Sass, Less, etc)
- Experience using Git or a similar version control system
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to contribute to cross functional team discussions
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with C#, Visual Studio, PHP or Java is a definite asset
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace.
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top