Accounting Supervisor - International Accounting
Who You Are:
You are a technical accountant with international experience including foreign transactions and IFRS. You have a strong attention to detail and are naturally analytical. You are excited by the idea of working in a fast moving environment where you will be responsible for the supervision and oversight of numerous foreign entity audits and reporting requirements. You enjoy working closely with other functional groups and outside auditors and set the example for eliminating silos between teams by always promoting open and free communication. As the ideal candidate you are; a CPA, have over 5 years’ experience, public accounting audit experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. This position plays a key role in the Finance Team and is responsible for supervising the International function within the Accounting and Reporting Group. This position reports to the Manager of International Accounting.
Your Next Challenge:
- Responsible for EMEA and APAC statutory accounting; this includes helping select, develop, mentor, and counsel employees.
- Help supervise external auditors including testing, scheduling, tracking, PBC deliverables, and helping in preparation of audited financial statements.
- Responsible for ensuring foreign subsidiaries prepare and file their annual financial statements in compliance with local standards.
- Prepares and reviews prepared by client audit request deliverables.
- Prepares, analyzes, and presents year to date or quarterly financial statements including commentary of variances for financial amounts with multiple business relationships.
- Reviews quarterly and year to date account reconciliations.
- Works closely with other functional groups including the general ledger month-end close team, technical accounting team, tax team, external accountants and auditors.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- 5+ years accounting experience with progressively increased responsibility and complexity (preferably audit experience in public accounting).
- Experience/understanding of foreign transactions, IFRS and/or foreign standards.
- Experience/understanding of foreign currency and intercompany relationship and implications.
- International experience is a plus, specifically in Europe and Asia.
- Strong technical accounting skills. Ability to research accounting issues using appropriate guidance, recommend appropriate accounting, and write memos to support conclusions in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and/or foreign GAAP.
- Experience taking the lead in managing processes/projects.
- Exceptional communication and management of communication among various parties and across time zones.
- Ability to work productively in a changing environment.
- Proven ability to take ownership of assignments and be flexible in order to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. Must be able to prioritize workload as necessary to meet the business needs.
- Ability to independently set direction and deliver results.
- Experience of Oracle and Hyperion preferred, but not essential assuming experience of similar level financial systems.
- A combination of financial, operations, and/or analytical experiences that includes knowledge of automated financial systems.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace
Meet Some of Getty Images's Employees
Karissa collaborates with the Development and Design Teams to create third-party extensions and Getty Images’ embed, which allow users to access and use visual content more easily.
Back to top