Job Description Summary
The Quality Engineer will establish internal processes required to enable high quality products, monitor the results of those processes with internal and external customers, determine root cause of any non-conformances, and implements corrective actions.
- Define and control production process including tooling and equipment. Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment, Including Manufacturing Engineers
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline and analytical thinking and technical experience to execute policy/strategy
- Will have knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Use some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles.
- Use technical experience and analytical thinking
- Use multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions
- Act as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements
- Explain information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field
- Convey performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Support the lean manufacturing transformation
- Maintain and improve process documentation in assigned area to ensure consistent quality
- Document technical data generated to substantiate the assigned components, assemblies and/or systems consistent with quality policies and procedures
- Work with operations team, engineering team, etc. to disposition nonconforming material and devise remediation actions
- Conduct training on quality assurance concepts and tools
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 6 years of experience in manufacturing, quality or production)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No