Job Description Summary
All resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
The Field Service Engineer will provide electrical support to a wide variety of Industry and Marine customers. In this role you will carry out installation, maintenance, modifications, and troubleshooting both at customer sites and supporting remotely.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will:
- Perform troubleshooting activities at site locations to diagnose problems, determine appropriate resolution, and implements corrective actions
- Perform installation and commissioning activities at customer site locations
- Under the direction of the Engineering Services Manager perform a wide range of engineering tasks to ensure the technical integrity and proper installation and commissioning of GE drives, Power Systems and Automation Systems
- Develop presentations and provide training / instruction to customers on drive operations
- Provide continuous support in response to customer calls for service
- Ensure appropriate response and service is provided to customer
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or a Diploma of Electrical Technology with suitable amount of industry related experience.
- Minimum 2 years of field service and / or commissioning experience
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
- Field Service and Commissioning experience with medium voltage variable speed drives (MV7/MV6/ SD7000)
- Field Service and Commissioning experience with power and automation systems.
- Ability to execute increasingly complicated assignments, which require considerable engineering skill and creative ability and independent judgment
- Possess detailed knowledge, competence and expertise with installation and commissioning tasks and services
- Strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office applications
- Ability to learn and follow defined departmental policies, procedures and practices
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position