Training and Multi Media Specialist
Competition Number: REQ 1782
TITLE: Training and Multi Media Specialist
DIVISION: Organizational & Staff Development - Human Resources
SALARY: Temporary Support, Payband H, $31.06 - $36.06 per hour (35 hours per week)
LOCATION: 500 MacPherson Avenue
STATUS: Temporary Support
EFFECTIVE DATE: ASAP - September 27, 2019
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
- Plans, designs, delivers, implements and evaluates learning programs primarily focused on Support Staff, including face-to-face training sessions, demonstrations, on-line training, web-conferencing, training provided by external vendors.
- Uses Learning and Development best practices to establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring the effectiveness of programs; recommends supporting training provided by external vendors.
- Revises and makes recommendations for revision to specific training and/or development programs.
- Promotes current and future training and development opportunities.
- Assesses relevant training needs for staff in consultations with Human Resources Consultants, Divisional/Departments, professional development committees.
- Stays informed on relevant skills and qualification levels required by Support Staff for effective performance.
- Assists in creating of training manuals.
- Identifies, selects and manages external training and accreditation bodies and providers, under the direction of the Director.
- Maintains departmental learning management system (LMS), including coordinating logistics for training programs and events, updates online information on training and developing for employees.
- Provides career development support and guidance to Support Staff; establishes a variety of "Communities of Practice" among Support Staff.
- Creates and maintains Staff Development website employing web graphics optimization to ensure access to quality training resources materials.
- Designs, develops, manages and maintains all content on the Staff Development website, ensures the website presents a consistent and properly branded look and feel, evaluating front-end usability.
- Provides recommendations on how to align all website activities with broader Learning and Development strategy.
- Ensures that all Support Staff training materials and activities meet relevant College and statutory policies.
- Evaluates the impact of training and adjusts methodology to meet the needs of future learners.
- Participates in planning and delivery of College-wide events related to Organizational culture and/or change.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Three year diploma or degree from a recognized post secondary institution in Human Resources, Training and Development or equivalent; successful completion of Training Adults Certificate or equivalent.
- Minimum five years' experience in facilitation and/or adult training, technical and MS Office training, familiarity with AODA requirements for accessible documents required.
- Demonstrated experience in creation, development, and optimization of web pages and web development within a content management system, working with digital asset management tools.
- Microsoft Certification in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is preferred.
- Experience in eLearning, design, development of resource materials and delivery, and familiarity with Banner or similar HR or student information systems.
- Demonstrated ability in designing, planning, marketing and delivering workshops, conferences and similar events; including experience in coaching and delivering training.
- Demonstrated experience providing one-on-one advising; developing action and success plans.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent creative problem-solving, trouble shooting, negotiating, and time management skills is essential.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy and respect for confidentiality are essential.
- Excellent relationship building and customer service skills.
- Ability to lift up to 44lbs (i.e., boxes of materials for workshops, retreats or information sessions etc.).
- Occasional travel is required (i.e., between campuses and to venues for events).
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork and people skills.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Hours of Work: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Overtime work during peak periods.
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
- If you are a George Brown College employee, go to https://adfs.georgebrown.ca/adfs/ls/IdpInitiatedSignOn.aspx to apply via our internal site.
- If you are an external candidate, go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the "Employment at George Brown" link or click on the 'apply' button to the left of the posted job to apply.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
Closing: Open until filled.
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and indigenous peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca .
Back to top