Students Accounts Officer
Competition Number: REQ 1966
TITLE: Students Accounts Officer
SALARY: Full Time Support, Payband E, $24.63 - $28.55 per hour (35 hours per week)
LOCATION: 500 MacPherson Avenue
STATUS: Full Time Support
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
- Runs diagnostic reports for Post-Secondary, ESL, Contract, and Sponsored students both domestic and international.
- Liaises with SA (Student Association) on the opt-out listing; analyses all ESL international student class list.
- Analyses all ESL international student class list to tie in with the ESL count for both insured and non-insured students.
- Reviews, analyses and reconciles all invoices received from SA on the health plan premiums.
- Analyses and reconciles all SA operational accounts, Athletic fees, building funds, Canadian federation of Students account (CFSF), and SA contingency funds on a monthly/quarterly basis.
- Analyse and reconcile all SA operational accounts; runs diagnostic reports for CFIS enrollment numbers.
- Reconciles accounts for year-end and audit purposes; prepares analysis for auditors and resolve queries that arise.
- Checks and reconciles all student internet payments; reviews uploaded data and modifies student terms according to semester/term.
- Responsible for all student bursaries and scholarship refunds; advises and provides information to students and departments.
- Assists the fee Coordinator with invoices and gathers the material fee information for Post-Secondary programs.
- Acts as a backup to Refund Coordinator; assist with refunds of scholarships and bursaries.
- Performs accounts receivable miscellaneous works; ensures the equipment used in accounts receivable area is functioning appropriately.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Two year diploma or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution in Business Accounting or related field of study.
- Two years' of practical work experience in an office, customer service educational team environment handling high volume of work. Extensive experience handling telephone inquiries, analyzing and reconciling student account balances, cash, and cheques is required.
- Experience with a Student Information System in both finance and registration processes.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills; high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to cope under pressure associated with the management of numerous complex and demanding tasks, and proven ability to meet rigorous deadlines.
- Exceptional communication skills to work effectively with multiple stakeholders within the College.
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Strong communication, collaboration, teamwork and people skills.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Hours of Work: 9:00 am - 5: 00 pm.
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
- If you are a George Brown College employee, go to https://adfs.georgebrown.ca/adfs/ls/IdpInitiatedSignOn.aspx to apply via our internal site.
- If you are an external candidate, go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the "Employment at George Brown" link or click on the 'apply' button to the left of the posted job to apply.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
- First consideration will be provided to internal candidates in accordance with our Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Closing: December 14, 2018
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and indigenous peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca .
Back to top