Part Time - User Service Representative – Help Desk
Competition Number: REQ 2799
PART TIME JOB POSTING
TITLE: Part Time - User Service Representative - Help Desk
DIVISION: Academic Services & Learning Resources
SALARY: Regular Part Time Support, $24.63 per hour, Up to 24 hours per week Monday - Sunday
LOCATION: All Campuses
STATUS: Regular Part Time Support
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
- Operates the Student Help Desk and Service Counter in the Library Learning Commons.
- Provides general academic computing advice and help to students.
- Monitors the Library Learning Commons activities; assists User Service Representatives.
- Keeps the Library Learning Commons environment clean, neat and organized.
- Provides professional work ethics and customer services to student.
- Facilitates LLC services and provides information and/or guidance on the correct course of action or refers clients to the appropriate staff/department as well as explaining LLC policies, guidelines, and user procedure.
- Troubleshoots student administrative accounts such as IDM, Library accounts and Learning Management system password issue, and assists users configuring Wi-Fi, email accounts and app settings for their mobile devices (Laptop, tablets and smart/Cell phones).
- Records all incidents and service requests in the incident management system.
- Other related duties as assigned.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Two year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in Information Technology, Computer Technician or equivalent; plus Current Comp TIA A+ Certification.
- Minimum two years' of practical experience working in a high volume customer service environment or in an IT service environment providing Tier 1 technical support on computers, application software, hardware, peripherals and audio-visual equipment in a library/computer lab environment; working knowledge of Library Information Systems and a general understanding of library operation and processes.
- Recognized Information Technology training and certificates are assets.
- Familiarity with American Sign Language (ASL) is an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office productivity software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, Internet); working knowledge of wireless technology.
- Technical knowledge to diagnose and troubleshoot Windows and Mac operating systems as well as those related to common software such as MS office, Adobe products, and Internet applications.
- Good understanding and knowledge of WiFi, and network technologies.
- Knowledge of consumer hardware, especially mobile devices Printer and operating system.
- Knowledge of Social Networking sites and web technologies and popular apps.
- Demonstrated excellence in English; verbal and written communications; interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited direction as part of a team.
- Ability to organize and schedule work despite constant interruptions. Good and accurate keyboarding skills.
- General understanding of library operations and processes.
- Ability to lift and move up to 44 lbs.
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
- If you are a George Brown College employee, go to https://adfs.georgebrown.ca/adfs/ls/IdpInitiatedSignOn.aspx to apply via our internal site.
- If you are an external candidate, go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the "Employment at George Brown" link or click on the 'apply' button to the left of the posted job to apply.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
- First consideration will be provided to regular part time (PRT) support staff in accordance with the part time Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Closing: Open until filled
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and indigenous peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca .
Back to top