Instructional Media Developer, eLTI
Competition Number: REQ 245
TITLE: Instructional Media Developer, eLTI
DIVISION: E-Learning & Innovation
SALARY: Support Staff, Pay Band I, $33.00 - $38.25 per hr (37.5 hrs per week)
LOCATION: 200 King St.E.
STATUS: Full-Time Support
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
Reporting to the Director, eLearning & Teaching Innovation the incumbent uses a variety of multi-media software applications to develop instructional online multi-media learning activities, video and graphics for face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses.
- Develops initial outlines and/or scripts in consultation with staff.
- Obtains necessary approvals; drafts projects costing/funding proposals; sets schedules and production timelines; arranges personnel crew and equipment; co-ordinates locations and directs rehearsals.
- Directs talent and crew. Records and assembles all production elements- lighting, sound, picture, graphics and narration.
- Performs final selection of elements with script and staff as guide lines.
- Assembles picture, sound track, graphics and narration.
- Edits these materials using a variety of editing software and equipment.
- Produces and distributes final product in the appropriate media form.
- Conducts photography and graphics editing for print as well.
- Consults staff/students/departments on media installations and equipment.
- Provides training to staff and students in the use of media.
- Provides media duplication and other technical services such as repairs and evaluations.
- Creates interactive and customized animation, "real-life" simulations, graphics, artwork and visual representations of learning tasks, audio-visual media for online instruction, web pages and other eLearning materials as required.
- Supports the integration of mobile learning applications; advises, consults and produces other tools using features inherent to the learning management system.
- Ensures material compliance with AODA and UDL.
- Other duties as assigned
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Three year diploma/degree or equivalent from a recognized post-secondary institution in the field(s) of Multimedia Design, Instructional Media Design, Computer Graphics and Multimedia Software Applications; intermediate Programming certification an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience and expertise in multi-media instructional design, course development, and learning management systems (preferably Blackboard).
- Intermediate programming skills: HTML, Java Script, Action Script, Cascading Style Sheets and an understanding of programming.
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer graphics and multimedia software application: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Quark, Adobe Flash, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Apple QuickTime Pro, Acrobat Professional, and Sound Edit.
- Familiarity with AODA requirements for accessible documents required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to provide guidance, and assistance to others, including faculty, staff, and students in a clear, friendly and informative manner.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to manage a large case load while balancing other duties with non- negotiable deadlines and conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated experience providing one-on-one advising; developing action and success plans.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Excellent creative problem-solving, trouble shooting, negotiating, and time management skills is essential.
- Superior oral and written English communication skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 44lbs ( e.g. video camera and recording equipment)
- Occasional travel is required (i.e., Intercampus travel to attend meetings; on-site video shoots).
- Demonstrated commitment in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Strong collaboration, teamwork and people skills.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
Interview process may consist of a practical skills component.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
- First consideration will be provided to internal candidates in accordance with our Support Staff Collective Agreement.
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and indigenous peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca
Back to top