Chair, School of Marketing
Competition Number: REQ 2708
TITLE: Chair, School of Marketing
DIVISION: Centre for Business
SALARY: Full Time Admin, Band Chair 12, $94,652 - $126,202 per year
LOCATION: 200 King St.E.
STATUS: Full Time Admin
EFFECTIVE DATE: Immediately
At George Brown College, we have established a reputation for equipping our students with the skills, industry experience and credentials to pursue the careers of their choice. As employees, we are committed to creating an enriching learning community for our students, delivering excellence in what we do, holding ourselves accountable for our work and demonstrating diversity and respect for one another.
What responsibilities will you have in this role?
The Chair will spearhead the effort to position the School of Marketing to respond to the evolving needs of the marketing industry. Reporting to the Dean, Centre for Business, the Chair, School of Marketing, is accountable for providing academic and administrative leadership, guiding dual-profession faculty, supervision and direction to faculty, staff and students in the School of Marketing. Working with key constituents, the Chair provides leadership to the School's academic planning process, curriculum planning, development and delivery, program review and implementation of changes ensuring that the programs are aligned to meet student and industry needs as well as the College's key business drivers.
- Provides academic leadership and direction to the School of Marketing staff in the development, delivery and evaluation of courses and programs offered.
- Implements initiatives established by the College and government authorities as they relate to the School including College strategic plans, and requirements of the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities ( MTCU ).
- Establishes and maintains positive, ongoing relationships with appropriate industry and business associations and alumni, to facilitate the development of a strong identity and positive reputation of the programs with the external community.
- Manages all full and part time Faculty and Coordinators for the School of Marketing as well as the position of Administrative Assistant.
- Develops and negotiates articulation agreements with outside stakeholders with the support of the College.
- Identifies, develops, and negotiates opportunities with the support of the Dean that may include other sources of revenue.
- Coordinates with the Continuing Education Division to ensure consistency of programs and courses.
- Works with the Dean and other internal stakeholders to develop marketing initiatives and strategic alliances with external partners.
- Develops recommendations for enrolment targets and budget, monitors and directs the activity for the School and reports on activity to the Dean.
- Responsible for the effective use of School human, physical and financial resources; works collaboratively to establish work plans and timelines for strategic projects, operational projects and administration of activities of non-full time staff.
- Recruits, hires and manages all full and part-time faculty for all programs in the School of Marketing.
- Responsible for overall program development, planning and implementation and provides academic leadership for new curricula for the School of Marketing.
- Conducts first level investigations and initiates the problem solving process of disputes including faculty, staff and students using College policies and procedures.
- Works with faculty to manage relationships with industry partners and professional associations e.g. CMA, and provides leadership in the organization of meetings and the development of a work plan for the Program Advisory Committee, as well as other meetings with Ministry representatives and professional association representatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications do you need for this role?
- Master's Degree from a recognized post-secondary institution; Doctorate degree desirable.
- Minimum seven years' senior level management experience in a business discipline with demonstrated success in leading and managing within a large, complex organization. Additional experience in a post-secondary environment desirable.
- Administrative experience with management responsibility including project/operational management, organizational development, time management, budget and human resources functions e.g. networking, recruiting, termination etc.
- Knowledge of marketing sector is required as well as strong change management skills.
- Effective leadership, coaching and team building skills.
- Experience in adult education and group facilitation and or education is required.
- Problem-solving, conflict resolution and negotiation skills as well as proven ability to build effective and respectful working relationships are essential.
- Excellent judgment, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to establish alliances in related occupational communities and foster a collegial, collaborative environment.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills as well as demonstrated leadership in delivering excellent service to others as this is key in supporting the success of our students and our College.
- Effective ability to interact with others and deal with situations in ways that respect diverse backgrounds, experience and styles.
- Flexibility in adapting to change and in participating in consultative decision-making processes.
- If you are a George Brown College employee, go to https://adfs.georgebrown.ca/adfs/ls/IdpInitiatedSignOn.aspx to apply via our internal site.
- If you are an external candidate, go to www.georgebrown.ca and click on the "Employment at George Brown" link or click on the 'apply' button to the left of the posted job to apply.
- Please ensure your resume highlights all relevant education, training and experience that are applicable to the minimum qualifications for this role.
- The College requires proof of degrees, credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post-secondary institutions and/or their international equivalents. Credentials may require validation at the time of interviews.
Closing: Open Until Filled
George Brown College is dedicated to employment equity and encourages applications from people of all genders, persons with disabilities, racial/visible minorities and indigenous peoples. George Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources representative responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
For information on George Brown College, please visit our website at www.georgebrown.ca .
Back to top