Remote/Hybrid upon request
There is something that makes GeoBlue a special place to work. This year we're celebrating our 25th year in business, and we're proud to offer the best of both worlds: a place where professional ambition meets work-life balance.
GeoBlue is actively pursuing a talented Data Analytics Architect to collaborate in the overall development of GeoBlue's enterprise analytics data architecture. This cross-functional role works with business stakeholders to understand their data needs, and with the IT teams to design and implement BI solutions that are fit for purpose. This role is a hands-on position responsible for designing and implementing data analytics solutions for Geoblue, including tasks such as designing and building data pipelines, modeling relevant business data, analyzing large data sets, and developing and deploying machine learning models. This position has strong programming skills and experience with data analytics tools and technologies.
- Design and implement data analytics solutions for the organization.
- Provide consultation and leadership to identify, evaluate, and document complex data analytics requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to understand their data needs and design solutions to meet those needs.
- Work in an agile fashion with business and IT stakeholders to model relevant business data.
- Responsible for leading together with the Database team, collecting, cleaning, and organizing the different data sets in the organization.
- Develop, together with the DBA team, conceptual, logical, and physical data models to support business needs.
- Implement OLAP solutions to facilitate the analysis of large amounts of data in a multidimensional way, and to view it in a variety of different ways, such as in the form of pivot tables, charts, and graphs.
- Define and build standards and technologies to create and maintain data visualization, dashboards, and reports.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure data is accurate, consistent, and accessible.
- Stay current with emerging data analytics tools and technologies.
- Analyze large data sets to discover insights and trends.
- Introduce advanced techniques, such as machine learning and predictive modeling to extract insights from data.
- Work together with the infrastructure area to design, build and maintain the infrastructure for data analytics and data science.
- Work with the Information Security department to ensure compliance with data privacy and security regulations and implement policies and procedures for managing and protecting data in the BI environment.
- Provides technical support and consultation for the implementation and usage of Oracle and SQL server databases into the Data Analytics strategy.
- Partner with our DBA team and other architects to provide strategic direction, cost estimates, design, and build of new data solutions.
- Identifies opportunities to improve existing software and data analytics solutions for cost, efficiency, and interoperability.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Oracle and SQL server databases.
- 2+ years of data analytics architect experience, or 4+ years in implementing and leading data analytics solutions.
- Experience and knowledge with ETL/ELT technologies (Matillion/Fivetran, SSIS), SQL Server Reporting Services SSRS, and SQL Server Analysis Services SSAS.
- Experience and knowledge with Power BI.
- Strong experience with systems development processes, data modeling, and data architecture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Employee is required to have at minimum an internet speed of 75 Mbps (standard high-speed internet access).
- Flexibility to work in an office and/or at-home, remote office environment.
- Schedule flexibility is occasionally necessary in this position. Individual may be required to attend key business/departmental meetings and/or perform certain business critical job functions outside of normal working hours.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to communicate internally and externally through receiving and responding to auditory and visual methods.
Internal Pay Grade 13
The starting base pay for this role is $102,809 to $133,652 and will be based on skill level and experience in a similar role.