At Gentle Dental, our Dental Hygienists are enthusiastic about providing excellent patient care and are critical to our success as a healthcare provider. You will be part of an extraordinary team of talented individuals who are dedicated to helping you deliver legendary service to our patients. Through oral education, Dental Hygienists lead patients to a happy and healthy smile!
Full Time or Part Time opportunities available.
About this office:
- 2 operatories dedicated to Hygiene in this facility. 7 Total operatories.
- Your time will be spent on patient care, education and documentation. You will see roughly 8-10 patients per day assisted by a Dental Assistant. Roughly 1/3 of patients per day will be SRP/Root Planning and the rest will be Prophies.
Day to Day:
- Prepare tray setups for dental procedures
- Greet patients and make them feel comfortable while seating them in an operatory
- Help patients feel comfortable during and after dental treatment
- Obtain/review patient's health history and/or treatment records
- Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) policies
- Evaluate overall oral health by examining the patient's mouth, looking for signs of periodontal disease, possible cancers, sores, recessed and /or bleeding gums and oral lesions
- Remove deposits and stains from teeth by performing prophylaxis, debridement, scaling and root planing or periodontal maintenance as diagnosed and treatment planned by a Dentist
- Select and apply appropriate fluoride treatments and polishes
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment after treatment, following accepted infection control practices
- Instruct patients on proper preventive care, teach patients about good oral health
- In some states, with the required certification, Hygienists may perform other duties such as administering anesthesia, placing temp fillings, removing sutures, applying sealants or other preventive materials and smoothing/polishing restorations
- If directed by a Dentist, and allowed by law, may take impressions or X-Rays
- Document treatment in patient files
- Schedule and confirm appointments, answer the telephone, assist with patient questions
- Maintain patient confidence by protecting and appropriately handling all PHI (Protected Health Information)
- Conserve dental resources by using equipment and supplies only as needed to accomplish results
- Assist Dentists in the event of a medical emergency
- Other duties as may be assigned or modified as business needs dictate
- Minimum two years Associates degree (University-based dental hygiene programs, baccalaureate)
- RDH in good standing
- Open to all levels of experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, quality-focused dental environment; DSO/Group Practice experience preferred
- Ability to travel between locations preferred
- Base + Bonus (DOE).
- Currently offering a $1500.00 Signing bonus
We look forward to hearing from you!GDENT1886
High School or better
Back to top