Vice President, Internal Audit
To ensure that Genesys' controls framework and operational audit capabilities meet company needs, we've created the position of Vice President, Internal Audit. This individual will report directly to Tom Lister, Chair of the Audit Committee of the Operating Committee (Genesys' Board of Directors) and administratively to Larry Katz, Chief Financial Officer.
The position will also interface regularly with members of the senior management team, as well as the Company's Chief Compliance Officer. The VP Internal Audit will be responsible for developing a proactive, risk-based audit function, managing external resources, and will be responsible for the recruitment and leadership of a small, impactful team to help execute the oversight responsibility of this function with the intent of building a strong internal function over time.
The VP Internal Audit will independently assess risks and evaluate controls and compliance with established policies, procedures and regulations, making recommendations for improvement. The audit leader will manage the process of identifying and evaluating risk and assessing the adequacy, effectiveness and compliance of the internal controls utilized to contain risks.
Independence is a key trait required, with particular focus on the intellectual ability to form autonomous judgments, confidence to withstand influence, and the capacity to stand his or her ground in the face of conflict.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Stand up and lead an independent Internal Audit function, including recruiting a small, impactful team (3).
- Provide direction and leadership to ensure that all aspects of the Internal Audit function operate efficiently and minimize risk/exposure.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive long-range strategic audit plan to assess the internal control environment and accomplish objectives agreed upon by the Audit Committee and the CFO.
- Develop and implement plans to conform with regulatory requirements across all countries in which Genesys does business.
- Provide executive management with reports on audit scope, findings, root causes, and influence acceptance of action plans to prevent/minimize future control risks.
- Evaluate accounting practices, financial reporting and internal controls of the company.
- Evaluate the reliability and integrity of financial and operational information, measure compliance with policy and assess the efficient use of resources. Analyze the quality and effectiveness of internal operating policies and administrative procedures.
- Monitor management's achievement of committed action plans from prior audits to ensure complete follow through and closure of identified risks.
- Ascertain extent of protection and safeguarding of company assets and recommend methods for improvement. Identify potential for or instances of irregularities (e.g. fraud, abuse) or error. In conjunction with the Chief Compliance Officer, report suspected instances of policy violations.
- Monitor and assess risks/controls as they relate to the Company's global business objectives. These assessments will be based on an integrated business model control framework to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of operations, the reliability of financial reporting, compliance with laws and regulations and the safeguarding of Company assets.
- Communicate exceptions and control weaknesses and make recommendations for correction, and monitor compliance with resulting recommendations.
- Examine and then internalize key audit and compliance processes in all areas of the enterprise, leading to the adoption of best practices to minimize risk.
- Apply forward-thinking and creativity to help set compliance strategy.
- Develop multi-year audit plan and provide oversight and execution of individual audits.
- Drive risk/control awareness and self-assessment throughout the company.
- Oversee the development and implementation of systems, tools and processes designed to improve internal compliance and governance.
- Regularly interact with senior executives across the company. Interactions will require ability to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Represent the Company to external or regulatory agencies with the authority to make decisions on behalf of the company.
The VP Internal Audit will be a proven executive with experience leading or significantly contributing to a high-performing audit and controls function, ideally in a software or global technology company. Experience and/or the ability to partner with internal and external resources on security issues related to SaaS and cloud product offerings is preferred. The VP Internal Audit will bring both strategic vision and best-practices to guide the development of the audit function, coupled with a hands-on and tactical approach to enable effective implementation. A well-rounded audit background, including exposure to operational and IT issues, is desired. Earlier experience in a leading public accounting firm, and the successful attainment of the CPA designation, is preferred. With approximately 50% of the business outside of the US, experience in a global organization will best situate the VP Internal Audit for success.
The successful candidate will possess a successful track record of recruiting teams and developing talent through mentorship and exposure. Just as important is the ability to successfully interface across all levels and divisions of the organization to identify potential risks and advise on solutions. As this individual will have regular interaction with the Operating Committee and the senior management team, s/he must exhibit exceptional presentation skills and executive presence.
Additional qualifications include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of auditing practices, procedures and principles, with the ability to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply these in innovative ways. Strong knowledge of generally accepted auditing standards and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Proven track record as a leader in Internal Audit/Compliance in a global software or technology company.
- Finance or Accounting degree, combined with MBA and/or CPA, CIA, CISA certifications, together with a minimum of 15 years relevant experience.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to articulate a vision.
- Strong and effective relationship/team building skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to motivate and focus staff.
- Ability to work cross-culturally.
The successful candidate will also have the following leadership and personal competencies:
- Integrity: The individual needs to hold to well-articulated core values and expected behavior, and holds others to the same standards. S/he is accountable and must follow through on commitments despite difficulties or complications.
- Execute for Results: The successful candidate must be able to drive results in the organization. They will be well-versed in performance management and have the capability to be a strong business partner to the line leaders in the organization. S/he will be resourceful in nature, and consistently provide practical and creative solutions to business challenges.
- Relationships and Interpersonal Skills: The successful candidate must be able to build and sustain excellent relationships at multiple levels in the workplace. Collaboration is critical to success at Genesys. The successful candidate will support open and transparent dialogue throughout the organization and assemble the best teams possible to positively impact the business.
- Team Builder: Leads the building of effective teams committed to organizational goals; fosters collaboration among team members and among teams; and uses teams to address relevant issues.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/ , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top