Vice President, Finance Shared Services
The Vice President, Finance Shared Services manages and coordinates the delivery of financial shared services for all of the Company's North American legal entities through the following business processes:
- Record to Report (Asset Management; Cash Management)
- Order to Cash (Credit / Collection; Order Management; Billing, Cash Application)
- Procure to Pay (PO Administration; Accounts Payable; Corporate Card Administration, Expense Report Processing)
- Pay Team Members (Payroll)
In addition, the VP is responsible for supporting the development and execution of the Global shared services strategy, standardizing processes across all operations, leading on-going process improvement opportunities across financial functions.
- Deliver world-class customer service to all businesses served by the NA SSC, which includes maintaining high expectations for professionalism and integrity.
- Professional mentoring and development of financial staff.
- Recruitment and retention of world class talent, including management of new talent pipeline.
- Promotes and maintains responsibility and overall accountability for the internal control environment, accurate transactional processing in compliance with SOX requirements (e.g. Quality Control), and accurate, timely financial data.
- Leads and manages day to day operational activities of NA SSC which includes: Asset Management, Cash Management, Order Management, Billing, Credit Management, Collections, PO Administration, Accounts Payable, Corporate Card Administration and Payroll. Each key functional area will have a business process owner who will report directly to this position.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, reviewing and reporting KPIs or SLAs in each functional area to monitor service delivery.
- Leads and manages the technical and interpersonal skills training requirements for the NA SSC team members.
- Leads and manages the business process improvement activities within the NA SSC and in connection with global finance teams.
- Leads and manages the NA SSC month-end, quarterly, and year-end close activities in accordance with the Corporate financial planning and reporting calendar.
- Supports the consolidation and reporting team in preparation of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Supports development of and enforces compliance with accounting and/or Company policies.
- Develops and maintains robust framework for process compliance within the NA SSC, which includes standardized global processes and a compliance self-audit program.
- Support internal, external and other regulatory audit requirements.
- Serves as GAAP subject matter expert for NA SSC.
- Coordinates with other regions to implement global standardized processes.
- Minimum degree of BA, BBA or equivalent degree in finance or accounting.
- CPA or equivalent certification.
- 15 years experience in a financial role with 10-12 years in a managerial role.
- Previous experience in a Senior Financial Management role leading a team of 50 .
- Previous experience in a financial shared services delivery role within a global company.
- Previous experience building and expanding Shared Service functions
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people.
- Demonstrated managerial courage.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ERP systems knowledge.
- Previous experience with applying lean/six sigma principles in a transactional environment and leading process improvement / transformation.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top