Velocity Sales Representative, Government
The SLED - Velocity Sales Account Executive is responsible for identifying and closing new customers in an assigned geographic territory in the State and Local Public Sector (SLED). The SLED - Velocity Sales AE grows and manages a lead pipeline of active prospects, identifies opportunities through a consultative selling approach, arranges and delivers product demonstrations and closes new customer accounts that create long-term mutual wins. The SLED - Velocity Sales AE is responsible for driving new customer acquisition through a consultative selling approach by solving business problems that align to Genesys Cloud solutions. Sales or business development experience in an organization that provides a Software as a Service (SaaS) or Cloud service is highly preferred but not required.
• Identify and develop new opportunities through a combination of incoming lead follow-up and focused outbound prospecting.
• Targeted prospecting to include use of social selling tools to research and target specific industry segments, companies, and individuals.
• Meet or exceed all targets including quarterly quotas, new logos, win rate, average sales cycle, and other KPIs.
• Demonstrate continuous improvement in consultative selling skills to include the ability to conduct effective needs assessment, communicate value, and overcome objections.
• Attend and complete product, service, and sales training as assigned by management.
• Maintain excellent record and note keeping in Salesforce.com.
• Organize and lead the coordination with partners to facilitate channel sales.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Software, SaaS
• Strong prospecting skills, to include social selling experience
• Ability to actively listen and evaluate customer requirements
• Minimum 1 years in business development, or inside sales
• Experience with Salesforce or other CRM
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Self-driven, motivated and results oriented
• Presentation skills including experience using remote demonstration tools
• Business-related application skills (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top