Technical Support Engineer
Cloud Support Analyst (Genesys: CC03P2-Technical Support Engineer- 6)
Cloud Support Analysts will provide technical support to Genesys customers that subscribe to one or more of our Cloud Offerings. They will interact with our customers, respond to support requests via phone, web, or other channels, and interface with other internal teams as required.
The Analyst must be able to manage multiple customers and customer issues simultaneously while striving and maintaining the highest degree of customer satisfaction. Customer Satisfaction with resolution on first contact is number 1 goal for this position.
Genesys Cloud Support is a 7x24 contact center environment. As such, Support Analysts may be required to work in various shifts to ensure availability to our customers.
Responsibilities in Cloud Customer Care:
- Interacting with customers submitting issues using the salesforce case management tool, "My Support" using emails, voice calls or Go To Meetings
- Using proactive approach, interact directly with customers attempting to isolate, reproduce, troubleshoot and resolve problems using available systems and tools, investigate potential workarounds for verified defects, manage customer expectations to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Using My Support, with regular updates, accurately document details of issues, steps taken, follow up conversations, escalations and resolution
- Interface with Subject Matter Experts, following established escalation and notification paths when necessary where the problem cannot be resolved through initial troubleshooting
- Participate in a shift and 'on-call' roster as necessary, to provide support coverage outside of standard business hours.
- Participate in the creation of and adding to Knowledge articles, Troubleshooting Guides, FAQ's, and other related support collateral.
- Provide analysis and feedback to help process improvement internally to the Care team and those teams Care interacts with for improvements in customer satisfaction.
- Attend training courses to sustain/enhance product knowledge, follow established guidelines for quality assurance, high level of customer satisfaction, security measures and ensure the company is represented in the most positive manner at all times
- Perform other related support duties, as required by the company.
Teamwork, Problem Solving, Communication:
- Works well with Customer Care Team members, ability to assist other team members in problem resolution.
- Works successfully with expert help members of Engineering, Quality Assurance, Operations, Offer Mgmt., Professional Services and other teams necessary for solutions.
- Proactive troubleshooting user inquiries regarding Genesys Cloud products to resolve problems
- Developing knowledge and proficiency in the use and implementation of Genesys Cloud Products
- Maintains a current understanding of current & new product features.
- Produces well written documentation and demonstrates excellent verbal skills as needed for interacting and communicating with customers along with patience when dealing with difficult customers
- Engaged problem-solver who perseveres in challenges through to a swift resolution
- Fluent English, possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must be comfortable working in fast-paced team environment, be able to cope under pressure and work to stringent timelines
- 2-4 years of software technical support and/or development or other relevant experience
- Experience with Sales Force Case Mgmt. tool, in a customer service organization, good understanding of cloud based SaaS environment is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office, Windows
- Experience in supporting contact centre environments, CTI, PBX, ACD, IVR, CRM, Telephony: ISDN, E1/T1, SS7, CAS/CCS, QSIG, Web technologies: XML/ASP/JSP, web servers (IIS, Apache/Tomcat, Web Sphere), HTTP
- Experience with Genesys Tools such as Framework, Reporting, SIP Server, WFM could be a benefit
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting, problem determination and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- Strong sense of ownership with ability to take control of difficult and/or chaotic situations to be the escalation support interface with customers and partners when necessary and to ensure that the company is represented in the most positive manner at all times
- Must have strong customer focus, excellent time management and follow up skills
Nice To Have:
- Experience in using Putty, FTP, WinSCP, Active Directory, VoIP, Apache, Eclipse, Databases (DB2, Oracle, Postgres, SQLServer), Java, SQL, Linux
- Ability to read log files and understand patterns to detect abnormalities
- Basic networking experience (firewalls, security practices)
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
Back to top