Technical Sales System Engineer
T he Technical Sales System Engineer (GTSE) is a highly skilled technical engineer who manages the premier Genesys world-wide demonstration environments for the company.
The primary focus of the demonstration environments is to support internal departments as well as authorized resellers by providing a stable platform that they can demo any of the Genesys products at any time of the day. Providing a stable, reliable, and secure environment with all the Genesys products and offerings helps drives sales initiatives and revenue objectives across the organization. The Global Technical Sales team is also responsible for representing Genesys at trade shows and related industry events by providing technical support for the booth and staff.
Each member of the Global Technical Sales team is expected to achieve expertise across the Genesys portfolio to support this environment, its upkeep, and continual improvement and enhancement. The GTSE engineer is expected to write code using current web frameworks, scripting languages, and related technologies to create demonstrations and various tools. Our customers (internal departments within Genesys and authorized resellers and partners) will use the solutions and platforms we provide to effectively demonstrate the Genesys portfolio to prospects looking at Genesys solutions. DevOp's tools and practices are also to be used to effectively and reliably test and deploy completed code, web applications, etc and help streamline and optimize existing processes.
• Provide support, including triage, troubleshooting and resolution of issues, to the end users of the demonstration environments
• Configure, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot the Genesys demonstration environments, including working with development to identify and resolve product issues
• Develop software and web applications and include unit tests with them to enhance the demonstration environments and increase demonstration capabilities and reliability
• Create custom solutions and demonstrations utilizing 3rd party applications highlighting integration points with the Genesys products
• Utilize DevOp's practices and techniques to automate, optimize, and streamline processes
• Help maintain, support, and improve the infrastructure between two datacenters
o Ex: Migrate applications and web applications from virtual machines to Docker and containers
• Provide the sales team with the tools they need to successfully perform demonstrations including instructions, outlines, and videos
• Build UIs with anticipation of automated testing leveraging tools
• Give weekly status updates on goals and tasks assigned
• Work closely with team lead or group manager
• Assist in quarterly maintenance and environment troubleshooting
• Upgrade and maintain servers for software releases
• Responsible for staying abreast of current technologies and industry trends
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related technical discipline or equivalent in work experience
• 3+ years experience preferred. 1 year of software engineering experience 1 year building web-based UIs.
o Experience using MVC frameworks like Angular preferred
• .NET, JAVA, and other programming languages
• Web service experience with SOAP and REST
• Database experience using SQL and NoSQL
• Experience with infrastructure components such as database servers, virtual machines, web servers, IP phones, cabling, session border controllers, Cisco Unified Computing Systems, storage area network devices, switches, routers, proxies, load balancers, other network equipment
• AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform experience a plus
• Experience utilizing software development tools a plus: Visual Studio, Bitbucket, Jira
• Technical knowledge of Genesys products preferred: PureConnect, PureCloud, PureEngage
• Experience with all major Microsoft operating systems (including experience with Hyper-V, Terminal/RDP Servers), VMware, and basic Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS)
• Information Security experience (firewalls/ IDS/IPS, antivirus, malware, certificates/encryption, etc) is a plus
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and be detail-oriented
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Complex problem-solving and analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top