Technical Documentation Manager
The Genesys Technical Publications organization seeks a quality- and customer-focused, self-motivated, innovative, and imaginative manager of documentation for a contract position with the possibility of conversion to full time. The successful candidate will perform a range of tasks, including project management, coordination with cross-functional teams, and content development for technical publications about Genesys software. The position will include a managerial role for a writing group in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Manage writers and the technical publications development, production, and deployment activity for the Genesys Technical Publications organization.
- Note: the successful applicant will be prepared to write technical documentation itself, initially fulltime, and later reduced to balance against managerial duties.
- Act as a customer advocate in oversight of content production and delivery—ensure the content meets the needs of customers and is highly available to them.
- Work closely with Genesys product and project teams to ensure smooth, coordinated delivery of technical publications content for product releases. Use requirements documents to understand scope, complexity and likely timelines for documentation delivery. Communicate that understanding to teams of writers.
- Act as delegate for process approvals at specific project release points.
- Seek ways to improve documentation processes and content, and to simplify the customer interaction with the product suite. Adopt new technologies and processes that increase the quality and delivery of the documentation overseen.
- Act as a vocal and productive member of a global team: collaborate with documentation managers and the director of technical publications for the Enterprise Group.
Genesys is the world’s leading provider of customer service and contact software — with more than 4,700 customers in 120 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today’s customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service – and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.#LI-GS1
Back to top