Technical Account Manager
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Perform 2nd level diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of complex customer issues on a range of software products and subsystems, in order to ensure customer satisfaction is to the highest possible level at all times.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Attempt to isolate, reproduce and resolve problems using available systems and tools, and investigate potential workarounds for verified defects.
- Maintain the customer incident tracking system (Salesforce) with regular updates and resolution details. Information to include symptoms, diagnosis, actions and all relevant data.
- Participate in the creation of Knowledge Base articles, solutions and other related support collateral.
- To be the escalation support interface with customers and partners when necessary and to ensure that the company is represented in the most positive manner at all times.
- To interface with Subject Matter Experts, where the problem cannot be resolved at a frontline support level.
- To help set the correct problem resolution expectations and to provide timely progress reports to the appropriate levels of the support organization.
- Participate in a shift and 'on-call' roster as necessary, to provide support coverage outside of standard business hours.
- Perform other related support duties, as required by the company.
- Attend training courses to sustain/enhance product knowledge and work in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined within the quality assurance documentation.
In order to succeed in this role, the candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
Good inter-personal and communication skills, both orally and written
- Excellent problem determination and problem solving skills
- Must be able to cope under pressure and work to stringent timelines
- Have a technical background in accordance with the requirements set out below
BA or BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical fields
Prior work experience:
5 years of software technical support and/or development, or other relevant experience
Specialised skills and knowledge:
- Operating systems: Windows Workstations/Servers and Linux
- TCP/IP Networking
- Web technologies: HTTP, XML/ASP/JSP, web servers (IIS, Apache/Tomcat)
- Databases: MS SQL, Oracle
Experience in the following areas would be a plus:
- Programming knowledge and experience (Java or .Net)
- CRM knowledge: Siebel, SAP, Salesforce, etc.
English: Fluent #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top