Team Lead, Senior Software Engineer
Genesys is looking for an experienced and highly motivated candidate to serve as Team Lead and Senior Software Engineer over the Workforce Optimization (WFO) development team within PureConnect.
The candidate must have the ability to lead a high performance agile team in an enterprise software development environment. To be effective the candidate must be self-motivated, collaborative and know how to effectively work within a team as well as demonstrate strong technical and software engineering skills.
The candidate must have experience with software engineering principles, Agile/Scrum development methodology, and quality-centric practices such as unit testing, UI/UX experience, code and design reviews.
- Collaboratively lead a team of software engineers to design, scope and develop new functionality for the PureConnect WFO products.
- Lead current initiatives to design and implement new components within our Web-based applications; as well as maintain stability and address current customer and product needs within the existing WFO product base.
- Works closely and collaboratively with Product Management, Development Support, Support and other Development group for the development of the PureConnect WFO products.
- Prioritize work, provide guidance, set goals, and maintain open communication with direct reports
- Manage the timelines and development/testing resources for development projects.
- Works cooperatively with team members and other groups to find consensus on designs and timelines and encourage teamwork. Effective communication and interpersonal skills are a must
- Must be able to self-organize and manage team lead and senior software engineering responsibilities; team leads are expected to be technical and be a part of the development process while also leading the team.
- Must be committed to continuous learning, experimenting, innovation, prototyping and applying cutting edge techniques, technologies, and software paradigms for themselves and also their group
- PureConnect WFO team is responsible for back-end through front-end components across desktop and web components and applications. Experience with SQL/Oracle databases, C , C#, .Net and web technologies, UI/UX design is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- 7 years of experience in software development, engineering, or related work
- Experience in a Software Leadership position; having demonstrated experience with agile methodologies and consistent delivery of quality software on schedule
- Experience in solution-level development and testing
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in software design
- Strong object oriented programming and design skills
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and reasoning; must be able to effectively communicate with direct reports as well as across development groups and business units
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.#LI-SH1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top