- Indianapolis, IN
The Genesys System Engineer is responsible for using independent judgment to interact with customers through email, chat, and phone to investigate, identify and create solutions. This is accomplished by having a team oriented and highly challenging work environment.
- Primary customer contact and active communication for providing accurate and creative technical solutions to user problems of moderate and difficult nature.
- Use independent judgment to research, resolve, and respond to questions received via telephone calls and web incidents in a timely manner.
- Perform system analysis to identify and develop solutions for customer problems, including hardware, software, or system functionality.
- Collaborate with internal teams to drive customer related issues to resolution.
- Analyze and create documented solutions that will be published to a company knowledge base for internal and external use.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to customers and partners.
- Participate in team projects, including the design, development, documentation, analysis, and testing of systems to enhance the quality or efficiency of support service.
- Conduct product-related trainings- including presentations of new features and simulation activities in a demo environment.
- Identify and assess incoming web incidents and distribute to System Engineers based on their overall availability.
- Able to handle emergencies, including after-hours calls during assigned on-call shifts.
- Travel to customer sites to help troubleshoot and resolve difficult product issues.
- Travel to remote offices for new-hire training.
- Develop and deploy test systems.
- Perform audits on customer systems.
- Continually enhance technical and professional skills in their primary skill.
- Develop a proficiency in a secondary skill.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Technology, Telecommunications, or related technical discipline.
- 1 year of engineer experience supporting Genesys products.
- Demonstrates a higher level of customer service and professionalism with the ability to communicate effectively and confidently to co-workers, customers, and partners.
- Shows dedication in resolving customer issues and a willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Able to handle emergencies, including after-hours calls during assigned on-call shifts, with minimal to no assistance for cases within the assigned competency.
- Able to set up all products and features in the assigned competency. Able to utilize tools and resources to the maximum effectiveness in investigation, replication and troubleshooting.
- Willing to travel to customer sites for onsite engineering.
- Shows initiative in either creating or volunteering to complete support projects like the creation of training material, conference presentations, webinars, or troubleshooting tools.
- Must have a passion for customer satisfaction and have the ability to deliver on customer's technical needs and expectations.
- Must be able to multi-task and work successfully on simultaneous incidents/tasks/projects.
- It is a requirement of this position to obtain the Cloud Services Change Request Process certification. Successful completion of the Cloud Services Change Request Process certification, including attending training and passing an exam, is a condition of employment for this position.
- It is a requirement of this position is to pass Interactive Center Certified Engineer (ICCE) certification program. You will attend ICCE training and take two certification exams. Successful completion of the ICCE certification program, including passing both exams, is a condition of employment for this position.
- Communicates regularly with customers, colleagues, and management.
- Uses a computer frequently.
- Works at desk 70% of the work day.
- Communicates with customers, discerns key issues and recommends solutions.
- Regularly presents product information to customers and partners.
- Compiles product information from multiple sources and writes documentation.
- Occasionally travels to customer and business sites, including international locations (up to 15%)
- Provides Monday - Friday business hours technical support.
- Participates in an on-call emergency technical support rotation upon attaining sufficient technical support experience.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top