SVP, Business Finance
Reporting to the company's Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Vice President, Finance will be a senior member of the finance team responsible for leading financial planning, management reporting, corporate analytics, pricing, field finance, and functional business finance. We are looking for a senior level, hands on leader with a strategic mindset who demonstrates the ability to drive these cores financial areas while also providing insightful, value added analysis across the company.
The SVP Finance will be responsible for building and developing a team to support a $1.5B hybrid license and SaaS company with 10% revenue growth and mid-teen EBITDA growth driven by material organic and inorganic growth prospects. The SVP Finance will partner actively with other leaders across the executive team and in the finance organization, including the Chief Accounting Officer and heads of Tax, Treasury, Corporate Development, and Strategy
The position will have 5-6 Vice President and Director-level direct reports and a global team of approximately 40. The position will be based in Daly City, CA.
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities of the Role:
- Re-develop the company-wide annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes to provide reliable, metric-based, and internally consistent plans which drive resource allocation across functions to deliver our multi-year financial targets and margins.
- Develop robust weekly, monthly, quarterly financial reporting which provide both insight and analytics for internal teams (corporate and business leaders) and for our private equity owners.
- Develop and manage internal operational dashboards and monitor KPIs / business drivers for all functions, highlighting trends and analyzing underlying causes of variance, for the executive team.
- Develop and lead a corporate analytics team which acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide data-driven insights and business decision support across the company.
- Up-tier our global field finance organization to support rapid growth, including commissions, contracting, license compliance, sales productivity, pipeline management / forecasting, and win-loss analytics.
- Develop analytical tools and models to support gross margin management and initiatives across both premise and cloud solutions.
- Develop analytical tools and models to help the company prioritize, track and assess the performance of its R&D investments.
- Serve as the primary financial support for non-customer facing operating expense spend, including product, marketing, and G&A.
- Create and lead a pricing "center of excellence" which will drive price setting and discounting strategies for product and services for both premise and cloud solutions. The pricing team will identify key pricing insights and opportunities for pricing optimization, based on ongoing market and client analytics.
- Prepare presentations for Board of Directors and Executive Team.
- In partnership with IT, develop and execute a roadmap to simplify financial processes and systems which drive transparency and accountability across the business and enable data driven reporting and analysis required to support the company.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following attributes, skills, and
- Execution oriented, get-stuff done leader who builds high performing teams and processes. Demonstrated ability to attract and develop great talent and to lead and manage diverse teams in multiple geographic regions to achieve results. High achievement orientation with ability to lead and motivate others around results. Cultivates a culture of energy and employee engagement.
- A player-coach who leads through example and is willing and able to dive in when needed and roll up sleeves to attack problems and devise solutions.
- Demonstrated experience and success leading and building high quality financial planning, pricing, corporate analytics, and financial systems in a private equity owned company, with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Deep experience and understanding of software business models and key drivers for success. Demonstrated experience guiding transition from license based models to SaaS/Cloud models.
- Sound business judgement and acumen and operational ability to proactively and effectively guide the company's planning and resource allocation processes. Strong analytical skills and ability to work with imperfect information to inform data-driven decision-making. Exceptional ability to challenge and support the business, to anticipate issues, and to drive good decision making with fact based analytics.
- Strong listener and strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex concepts in a succinct, simple way. Demonstrates ability to quickly establish credibility and capability to effectively build rapport with and partner with executives and sponsors.
- Exceptional business partner with outstanding ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally and at multiple levels of the organization through influence rather than direct authority.
- High integrity leader who demonstrates commitment to fairness, driving to the right answers and builds culture of trust.
- Thrive in a high visibility role in an entrepreneurial environment and ability to work and deliver well within deadlines.
- Undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-SH1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top