Strategic Sourcing Manager
The Strategic Sourcing Manager is accountable for defining and executing the global sourcing strategy for the products and services that fall under his/her responsibility. The Sourcing Manager for this opening will be responsible for the following, but not limited to, streams: Corporate Services (HR, Staffing/Recruiting, Legal, Facilities), Marketing, SalesOps, Travel, and other Employee Related Services. The Sourcing Manager is accountable to execute the sourcing process for all new provider services, management of the respective supplier performance to meet and/or exceed Genesys' requirements, and lead the negotiating and structuring of supplier agreements. Additionally, the Sourcing Manager will identify and analyze multiple components of, and/or issues related to, the assigned category streams and submit conclusions using high-level quantitative skills. Common responsibilities include; participation in the analysis of business requirements, development of detailed project specifications, conducting and evaluating RFP's (Request for Proposals), and aggressively negotiating to drive the best value for the business.
- Develop and execute documented sourcing strategies and establish/maintain effective supplier management relationships for assigned commodities. Utilize supplier development programs and identify/implement process improvement initiatives.
- Drive process improvements and efficiencies in the sourcing process via e-commerce, supplier consolidation, etc.
- Develop, foster and promote relationships with internal constituents educating business representatives on processes, policies and benefits derived through the Procurement organization.
- Analyze factors/issues associated with category. Develop and submit recommendations/conclusions using high-level quantitative skills. Common responsibilities include; strategic operations analysis, identifying performance trends, scanning industry trends, reviewing operational analyses, spend and cost saving analysis, and interpreting and reporting category data.
- Develop, implement and execute tactical and strategic category plans internally and with suppliers (where applicable). Monitor assigned category market conditions, technology roadmaps, and identify supply/demand challenges.
- Conduct and evaluate Request for Proposals utilizing a variety of tools, resources and methods for effective cost reductions.
- Build financial models and provide analytical support for business initiatives. Prepare business reviews and ROI analysis. Coordinate and support preparation of business plans, monthly forecasts, annual spend and cost reduction plans.
- Apply advanced knowledge of principles, theories, concepts and industry practices to all aspects of Genesys' compliance program. Provide expertise to management and represent Genesys to outside business or regulatory personnel in matters relating to compliance.
- The selected candidate will take ownership of projects and drive them to completion understanding that the results will have a strong impact on the department's objectives.
- Bachelors degree (discipline in Procurement preferable)
- Five to eight years analytical and procurement experience
- Demonstrated competency in strategic sourcing
- Effective resource management and project management skills/capabilities.
- Experience with Staffing Vendor Management and/or Employee related products and services procurement.
- Experience leveraging Supplier Diversity programs
- MBA or CPM/CPSM with practical work experience in Operations, Procurement
- Eight or more years of solid corporate procurement, quality, and/or process management experience, including at least five years experience with category management encompassing the entire procure to pay cycle.
- Experience with data mining and analysis techniques.
- Experience working at a publically traded, global organization.
- Working knowledge and/or experience with generation of hard copy, e-mail, fax, EDI, and supplier portal purchase orders (Coupa, Ariba, etc.) and Oracle/Netsuite ERP systems
- Working understanding of the purchasing approved supplier list, vendor setup rules, supplier sourcing functionality, and the associated effects on purchasing execution process and systems
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top