Staff Technical Support Engineer - SME
Job Title: Staff Technical Support Engineer - Manager
Reporting To: Customer Care Manager
Department: Customer Care
Experience: 9 to 11 years
Shift time: 9 PM to 6 AM
Perform 2nd level diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of complex customer issues on a range of software products and subsystems, in order to ensure customer satisfaction is to the highest possible level at all times.
Experience in Genesys Framework/platform is highly preferred
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attempt to isolate, reproduce and resolve problems using available systems and tools, and investigate potential workarounds for verified defects.
- Maintain the customer incident tracking system (Salesforce) with regular updates and resolution details. Information to include symptoms, diagnosis, actions and all relevant data.
- Participate in the creation of Knowledge Base articles, solutions and other related support collateral.
- To be the escalation support interface with customers and partners when necessary and to ensure that the company is represented in the most positive manner at all times.
- To interface with Subject Matter Experts, where the problem cannot be resolved at a frontline support level.
- To help set the correct problem resolution expectations and to provide timely progress reports to the appropriate levels of the support organization.
- Participate in a shift and 'on-call' roster as necessary, to provide support coverage outside of standard business hours.
- Perform other related support duties, as required by the company.
- Attend training courses to sustain/enhance product knowledge and work in accordance with the policies and procedures outlined within the quality assurance documentation.
In order to succeed in this role, the candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Good inter-personal and communication skills, both orally and written
- Excellent problem determination and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to cope under pressure and work to stringent timelines
- Have a technical background in accordance with the requirements set out below
BA or BS in Computer Science or Engineering, or related technical fields
Prior work experience:
- 9-11 years of software technical support/application support/production support and/or development, or other relevant experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience working on Genesys product/Framework
Specialised skills and knowledge:
- Operating systems: Windows (7, XP, 2003, 2008) and UNIX (Solaris, Linux, others)
- TCP/IP Networking
- Web technologies: XML/ASP/JSP, web servers (IIS, Apache/Tomcat, IBM WebSphere), HTTP, SOAP
- Databases: MS SQL, Oracle
Experience in the following areas would be a plus:
- Programming knowledge and experience
- Genesys Product experience
- CRM knowledge: Siebel, SAP, Salesforce, etc.
How You Do It
How You Think: Understands the business and takes a non-traditional approach to solving common problems. Willing to draw outside the lines and find new ways to make an impact on old problems.
How You Interact: Can easily build collaborative relationships that energize individuals, teams, and the company into action. You are a global thinker and can work across locations and time zones. You are an excellent communicator and listener, and can easily persuade to drive a vision and purpose.
How You Own It: You are a hands-on executor who can drive change and clearly communicate across all stakeholders.
How You Show Up: Embodies Genesys core cultural values and pushes to create an authentic employee experience. You are the type of person who can succeed through ambiguity, bringing clarity where there is no roadmap, who can re-set when a change in direction is needed without getting derailed or frustrated. You are authentic and instil the trust in others.
About us : Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top