Staff Software Analyst
The Staff Software Analyst -JIRA Developer is an invaluable role within the R&D/Tools and Metrics organization. This position is responsible in delivery and supporting a technical solution for Atlassian technologies and requires expertise in developing, maintaining, and supporting automation workflows in Atlassian JIRA as well as integrations with various business applications. You will be a subject matter expert not only in strategic vision, design and development but also in the current deployment practices. The person will have contacts within the industry that will allow for continuous updating of industry practice information.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly understand and resolve issues, mitigate risks and dependencies and has the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Obtain expert level understanding of Atlassian applications
- Responsible for developing plugins and gadgets that extend the JIRA capabilities using Atlassian Plugin SDK 6.x
- Perform business process analysis to determine how complex processes can be implemented in JIRA while conforming to business strategies and agile delivery methodologies.
- Develop, maintain and customize complex JIRA configurations including project workflows, custom fields, permission and notification schemes
- Act as technical contact to troubleshoot issues occurring in JIRA and integrated applications.
- Perform the duties of a JIRA Engineer and responsible for maintenance, upgrade and enhancements to JIRA, add-ons and integrations with other tools
- Develop custom dashboards and advanced filters in JIRA to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6 years' experience in Java 6, 7, or 8 application development
- Strong analytical abilities, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
- Solid understanding of troubleshooting and problem analysis procedures; ability to resolve problems quickly and efficiently
- Knowledge of the methodologies and processes used in designing, implementing, testing, and optimizing Java applications
- Experience in creating and extending REST Services
- Experience in Tomcat Server Configuration/tuning and JVM performance tuning
- Database administration and queries (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Groovy and other scripting languages
- Experience with using Git/Github in a development environment
- Experience in Atlassian application use and administration
- Experience in developing Atlassian JIRA/Confluence add-ons using the Atlassian Plugin SDK
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Unix or Linux system administration experience
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-BJ1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top