Staff Production Services Engineer
As Genesys expands and grows with both public and private cloud offerings around the world, demands of the Engineering Operations team will continue to scale rapidly. System, Application and Infrastructure automation is a key focus for our future.
If you find it both fascinating and a challenge, to rip open the box for a new piece of hardware, or download the latest open source technology while simultaneously learning about its REST API, and mastering the CLI, this is a job for you. If you enjoy doing the previous stated things, and wish to further your knowledge while writing code to automate, then this job is for you.
While it is important for the candidate to be knowledgeable of the full stack, from bare metal to the running application, expertise in every level is not required but a good understanding and willingness to learn will be embraced.
We are looking for an individual with a systems engineering and coding abilities. The individual should have experience working in an agile environment, coding automation, collaboration with development teams and understand the lifecycle of code building and application deployment.
Familiarity with high availability and scaling applications when architecting and coding is a must. This is a very interactive role that requires participation with many teams to understand all aspects of Genesys private and public cloud offerings and environments.
- Manage work assigned from sprints
- Participate in daily standups
- Coding with Chef and other languages to improve application deployment and automation
- Work with QA and Engineering to understand application architecture
- Suggest changes to architecture to make a more repeatable and agile environment
- Research, Architect and Implement tools in order to create a more agile environment for QA/DEV/Operations
- Coding of infrastructure for both public and private cloud
- AWS Public and Private cloud Application implementation and automation
- Mentor others within Operations on best practices
- Find ways to improve process with all of Engineering
- Code Reviews
- Development pipeline implementation and maintenance
- Assist with production troubleshooting to resolve with code in the future
- The ability to dissect and understand an application’s architecture
- Strong knowledge of a modern hypervisor’s layers and eco-system, such as xenserver, openstack and vmware along with public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong knowledge of deployment and configuration management tools such as Chef , Saltstack, Ansible and Puppet
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins, Gitlab CI and others
- Infrastructure coding tools such as Terraform or AWS Cloud Formation
- Coding Skills in Python, Java or similar languages. Skills in scripting languages such as bash
- Understands the importance of testing, using tools such as Test Kitchen
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum Team Methodologies and practices using tools such as Jira
- Working knowledge of IPv4 internals, along with switch virtualization such as OVS
- Strong documentation skills, the ability to spend the time documenting one’s work
- Knowledge of containerization such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos
- Familiarity with logging tools such ELK – Logstash
- Using Development tools such as Git, Vagrant, etc
A true understanding of what DevOps is as a culture is a bonus. We are striving to break down walls within Genesys and build stronger teams than we already have, and continue to collaborate even better than we already do. Sharing of knowledge, skills learned and enablement of others, is a crucial core belief in our organization. This has led to a leaner, more agile fast paced experience here at Genesys.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world’s best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry’s #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Product Line Manager
Nitin manages a diverse portfolio of Genesys products that help a variety of the companies they work with bring the customer experience into the digital world.
Back to top