Sr Voice Engineer
- Indianapolis, IN
The PureCloud Customer Care team is looking for a new team member that loves troubleshooting complex issues, helping customers with a smooth migration to a SaaS platform, and solving new puzzles every day.
Our Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for providing technical expertise for Genesys PureCloud implementations, helping customers identify potential issues in their environment, providing technical documentation and knowledge transfer to the customer and to other Genesys team members.
Responsibilities / Job Duties
• Consults and assists Customers on their communications infrastructure.
• Supports Customers to plan, design and implement network solutions that support successful delivery of VoIP, in support of Genesys platform implementations.
• Provides Support and Consulting to Customers around WebRTC endpoint deployment and optimization.
• Supports/troubleshoots network issues and coordinates with Customers for such items as routers, firewalls, switches, PBXs and other network devices.
• Define and document best practices for customer networks in support of Genesys platform implementations.
• Audits network hardware and software to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, procedures, and configuration guidelines.
• Supports Customers to maintains network security of all network devices.
• Knowledge of global carrier standards and intricacies.
• Experience evaluating end user environments to identify potential issues beyond a networking problem.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
• Minimum 8 years of technical, hands on experience with focus on various technologies & solutions.
• In depth understanding of network security, firewalls, intrusion detection systems.
• Prior experience with configuring Cisco / Juniper or Palo Alto routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Prior experience designing and executing system readiness and performance tests.
• Prior experience with contact center, VoIP networks and communications infrastructures highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of Windows server administration.
• Working knowledge of DNS and DHCP.
• Has a full understanding of industry practices and/or company policies and procedures.
• Able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data or situations requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions for difficult assignments and of diverse scope.
• Strong Customer-facing and communications skills and focus.
• Familiar with TDM to IP gateways (Cisco, Audiocodes, Paraxip, etc.)
• Familiar with Network Load Balancing platforms (NLB, F5)
• Prior contact center experience preferred.
• Cisco Certifications, CCNP and CCIE or similar certification, desired.
• Ability to do Knowledge transfer with both internal staff and customers.
• Excellent written and verbal skills in English and organizational skills.
Special Position Requirements
• Travel may be required, may include international travel.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-AR2
Back to top