Sr. Technical Support Engineer
Perform diagnosis, troubleshooting andresolution of complex customer issues on a range of software products andsubsystems, in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attemptto isolate, reproduce and resolve problems using available systems and tools,and investigate potential workarounds for verified defects.
- Maintainthe customer incident tracking system (SFDC) with regular updates andresolution details. Information to include symptoms, diagnosis, actions and allrelevant data.
- Tobe the escalation support interface with customers and partners when necessaryand to ensure that the company is represented in the most positive manner atall times.
- Deliverproduct and related technical training/mentoring to other Technical Supportstaff and ensure that 'knowledge transfer' sessions are conducted.
- Tocollaborate with and monitor the activities of colleagues, where the problemcannot be resolved with own knowledge.
- Tohelp set the correct problem resolution expectations and to provide timelyprogress reports to the appropriate levels of the Customer Care organization.
- Toensure that the Technical Support 'Lab' environment is suitably equipped andmaintained for technical support diagnostic work.
- Provideanalysis and feedback to help process improvement and oversee the creation ofFAQ's, Solutions and other related support collateral.
- Participatein a shift and 'on-call' roster as necessary, to provide support coverage.
- Performother related support duties, as required by the company.
- Occasionaltravel on short notice to attend customer satisfaction issues/meetings/accountreviews.
- Attendtraining courses to sustain/enhance product knowledge and work in accordancewith the policies and procedures outlined within the quality assurancedocumentation.
In order to succeed in this role, thecandidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Goodinter-personal and communication skills, both orally and written
- Excellentproblem determination and problem solving skills
- Mustbe able to cope under pressure and work to stringent timelines
- Havea technical background in accordance with the requirements set out below
BA or BS (or equivalent) in Computer Scienceor Engineering, or related technical fields
5 years or more experience ofdeploying/supporting Genesys solutions (Inbound/Outbound)
Prior work experience:
4 years of software technical supportand/or development or other relevant experience
Specialized skills and knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge and relevant experience in the following areas: SIP and RTP
- An excellent understanding of the SIP messages and responses (INVITE, REFER,ACK, BYE, 100 Trying, 180 Ringing, 200 OK, etc.), and the contents thereof
- Ability to interpret and trace through complex SIP call flows
- SIP system components (media gateways, proxies, end-points, etc.)
- Codecs: GIPS, G.711, G.729
- H.323, a bonus but not essential
- Thorough knowledge and relevant experience in the following areas: CTI, ACD,PBX, Contact Centers.
- Familiarity with various vendor specific CTI protocols and server systems, suchas CSTA, JTAPI, Symposium, CAP, etc. would be a big plus.
- Operatingsystems: Unix (Linux, Solaris, others) and/or Windows (XP, 2000, 2003)
- Databases:MS SQL, Oracle
Experience in the following areas wouldbe a plus:
- ContactCentre, CTI, PBX, ACD, IVR, CRM
- Programmingknowledge and experience (C , Java, others)
- Webtechnologies: XML or VoiceXML, SCXML XML/ASP/JSP,
- Webservers (IIS, Apache/Tomcat, Web Sphere), HTTP
Nice to Have Skills:
- Cisco,Avaya enrollments
- SFBElements or
- Setup for MS Lync
An additional language would be a plus
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top