Sr. Technical Support Engineer
SrTechnical Support Analyst
Summaryof the Position:
Aspart of the Customer Care Team, the Sr Technical Support Analyst will beresponsible for the troubleshooting, resolution, and communication of customerissues reported to Genesys Customer Care.
- Resolve technical issues of the Genesys Reporting & Analytics product suite for Genesys Customers and Partners around the world.
- Research reported issues to find resolution through log analysis, problem replication, knowledgebase searches, and peer collaboration.
- Understand how the issue impacts the Genesys solution and request appropriate information to resolve it.
- Log and Track issues within Sales Force CRM solution including research, customer communication, and updates as the problems are being worked.
- Build and maintain test environments/labs for troubleshooting and testing.
- Understand and set issue priority based upon urgency and business impact.
- Work in a tier-less support model with collaboration from other support engineers when necessary to resolve difficult issues.
- Maintain ownership of customer reported issues until resolved.
- Manage customer expectations and work within the escalation path when necessary to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Close issues with a concise written resolution and root cause analysis when confirmed by customer
- Contribute to the public Genesys knowledgebase
- Availability for shift based work during weekends and holidays
Qualifications/SkillsRequired and Preferred:
- Engineering/Computer Science degree and/or diploma with relevant work experience
- Experience with the following technologies:
- RDBMS (Oracle, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Networking fundamentals and protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, Telnet, etc.)
- Telephony (SIP, PBX)
- experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience with the following is a plus:
- Genesys Solutions (Framework & Reporting)
- SAP Business Intelligence (BI) Tools & Software
- Needs to meet SLA contracts with customers and sometimes juggle many concurrentissues.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong sense of ownership with ability to take control of difficult and/or chaotic situations
- Experience in supporting contact center environments (premise or cloud based) is preferred.
- Can handle high stress situations
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via hhttp://www.genesys.com/ Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top