Sr. Software Engineer - .NET/AWS
Genesys is the global omnichannel customer experience and contact center solution leader. Our customer experience platform and solutions help companies engage effortlessly with their customers, across all touchpoints, channels and interactions to deliver differentiated customer journeys, while maximizing revenue and loyalty. In 2012, the ownership of Genesys transferred from Alcatel-Lucent to a company controlled by the Permira Funds with participation from Technology Crossover Ventures. Today, Genesys operates as a standalone company. We help organizations across all industries define the journeys that matter most to customers by delivering consistent experiences to every touchpoint.
Job Title: Sr Software Engineer(.NET/AWS)
Location: Chennai, India
Genesys are looking for a software developer to work in our growing Chennai office. Come and work in a great atmosphere, for a world leading software company. Work closely with and learn from an experienced agile team in the UK who are committed to continuous improvement.
You will be working with cutting edge technologies, including Microservices, AWS, React/Redux and .Net Core, and you'll get the chance to work on interesting programming problems. You will be passionate about developing innovative solutions and will be driven to excellence and quality in all aspects of your work. You will be well organized, and able to focus on the task in hand, whilst understanding the big picture and constraints. You will have a desire to reduce complexity and simplify solutions for our customers.
- You will have a degree in a Software Engineering or Computer Science related discipline or will have equivalent commercial experience.
- You will have worked for at least 12 months developing software and will be comfortable with the Agile Scrum process, and writing complex software algorithms
- You will take ownership of tasks and responsibility for the quality of your code.
- You will have a passion and flair for development and producing clear and intuitive user experiences and will be able to refer to previous programming problems that you have solved, either through work or study, or in your spare time.
- You will work as part of an agile development team, writing Microservices, APIs, Web UIs and automated tests.
- You will put code quality, solution design and the user at the center of your development.
- You will have the aptitude and desire not simply to develop from specifications but to really understand the customer domain and thereby develop the best solution for both the end user and the business.
- You will be creative and innovative in finding to bring the best solution.
- You will have a understanding of the importance of automation in a successful agile process, and will get the opportunity to work with the following:
o Infrastructure as code
o Interesting programming problems
o Artificial Intelligence/ Machine Learning
o CI / Build Pipelines
- You will want to work as part of a team and contribute to the setting of team objectives. You will want to develop your skills and expertise in a supportive environment.
- You will be good at managing your time and tasks, possess good communication skills and will not be afraid to ask questions to enhance your knowledge and understanding.
- You will be able to get along with people but also have the ability to communicate your ideas about development, allowing you to enthuse those around you into exploring new areas of technology and development practices.
- Degree in software engineering/computer science related subject or equivalent commercial experience
- Understanding of principles of Object oriented design.
- Understanding of Functional Programming
- Passion for technology and software development.
- Knowledge of AWS
- Experience of .Net Core, HTML 5, CSS3,
- Experience of automated build processes
- React/Redux would be beneficial
- Mobile application development experience
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top