Sr. Software Engineer
Genesys is the world's leading provider of customer service and contact software - with more than 4,000 customers in 80 countries. Drawing on its more than 20 years of customer service innovation and experience, Genesys is uniquely positioned to help companies bring their people, insights and customer channels together to effectively drive today's customer conversation. Genesys software directs more than 100 million interactions every day, maximizing the value of customer engagement and differentiating the experience by driving personalization and multi-channel customer service - and extending customer service across the enterprise to optimize processes and the performance of customer-facing employees.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of components and services used to deliver mission critical products. You will work in a fast-paced environment where continuous change, innovation and experimentation are a given.
You will be a leader, mentor and role model for your peers and juniors.
Successful Senior Software Engineers at Genesys will understand why application logging and application metrics are important and believe this to be a first class component of new development.
Be a talent multiplier that gets the team around them to excel and perform well
Be driven to get results and not let anything get in their way
Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues
Exhibit a strong backbone and challenge the status quo when needed
Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do
- Work with team members in a leadership role to design,develop, and test features that meet the business needs of our customers and exhibit features that include high scalability, availability and reliability
- Work with UX and Product Management to design and build UIs
- Jump into various complex code-bases, understand them quickly, and develop features and bug fixes in a fast-paced environment.
- D emonstrate the capacity to generate good software design and clean ode efficiently and with few bugs.
- Exhibit thoroughness in evaluating all aspects of a solution including: localization, licensing, scalability, memory management, bandwidth, latency, automated testing, security, and compliance.
- Perform collaborative code reviews with other developers.
- Write and maintain unit, integration, and acceptance tests.
- Stay current with industry developments and current trends
- Recommend modern technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
- Understand & comply with HIPAA Security and Privacy Laws
- Adhere to Genesys Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
- 5+ years relative experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant, proven industry experience
- Experience with synchronization techniques in stateless distributed systems
- Demonstrable understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems
- Firm understanding of backend development, including Java, REST API and NoSQL solutions
- Experience with messaging systems and proven integration patterns
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate would also have experience with:
- Amazon Web Services (Dynamo, S3, SQS, SNS, etc.)
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top