Sr. Software Engineer
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Workforce Engagement Management (WEM) Development Team, you will be responsible for the development of a full-stack application using modern UI frameworks based on AWS cloud-based microservices used to deliver mission critical, cutting edge communication products. You will work in a fast-paced startup environment where continuous change, innovation, and experimentation are a given. WEM innovates in domains like scheduling, forecasting, safe long-term storage of data, form builders, speech analytics, machine learning, data science, and reporting. We are currently looking for software engineers who have expertise on either the front-end, the back-end, or those who prefer full-stack development.
• Continuously improve a system deployed in production without downtime
• Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via platform components and/or services that are highly scalable, available and reliable
• Stay current with industry developments and new trends
• Recommend new technologies as components of a solution when appropriate
• Taking ownership of features beginning to end: from design documents and reviews to acceptance testing and deployment
• Understand and comply with PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR
• Adhere to Genesis Code of Business Conduct and Ethics
• BSc in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
• Experience with the full application lifecycle from development through deployment and support
• Demonstrable understanding of scalability and availability in distributed systems
• Experience with Linux operating environments
• Working experience with REST APIs
The ideal candidate would also have experience with some of the following:
• Amazon Web Services (Dynamo, S3, SQS, SNS, etc.)
• Java or JVM languages (Kotlin/Clojure)
• Working with open source projects, ideally with a history of contributions
• Communicates regularly with colleagues and management.
• Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top