Sr. PS Consultant - Analytics Reporting
The role of this position is to perform design, configuration, development, installation, testing and deployment of Analytics & Reporting solutions developed by Genesys for our external customers.The successful candidate will work closely with the implementations teams around the world to transform customer requirements into implemented software solutions, leveraging core product technology under the leadership of the assigned Project Manager(s) responsible for the outcome of each individual customer engagement. The goal of the role is always to provide the best customer experience for our customers and partners.
What You'll Do
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Enable the successful software implementation of the Genesys Analytics & Reporting software products and solutions by performing the following:
- Participating in customer requirements gathering and scoping efforts to listen, discuss and document customer's technical requirements, guiding the customer into a product fit by discussing the value of existing product functionality;
- Design, development, deployment and testing of Business Objects universes and reports as they pertain to Genesys contact center management data sources. The environment will be BOXI 3.0 with SQL Server and Oracle databases;
- Develop reports using both WEBI and Crystal Reports;
- Interface with external customers to determine business requirements, discuss and document customer's technical design specifications, guide the customer to appropriate solutions by discussing the value of existing Analytics & Reporting features, functions and capabilities;
- Provide technical leadership within the Genesys Professional Services project team, playing a value-add role to ensure the technical soundness of proposed solutions;
- Own the successful architect of the Analytics & Reporting solutions, leveraging background in design, development and deployment of Analytics & Reporting solutions to meet the customer's needs;
- Provide support for escalation of technical issues from the Genesys Technical Support team.
- Follow project change management protocol and customer security guidelines.
- Perform knowledge transfer of the delivered solutions at the conclusion of the engagement as necessary.
- Ability to have flexible work schedule and at times work outside of your normal business hours to accommodate effective communications with stakeholders in the Global organization
- Provide timely progress reports on the project deliverables to the appropriate Project Managers and senior members of technical staff.
- Proficient with third party products and tools (Linux, Microsoft server, virtualization, databases)
Personal / Professional Competencies:
- Must have demonstrable experience working with external customers and software product implementation in a contact center environment;
- Demonstrated leadership and advancement in a software product company's professional services organization;
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure in a real-time environment;
- Able to manage priorities and competing demands, escalating at appropriate times;
- Superior "can-do" problem solving skills with analytical ability to quickly understand the "big picture";
- Able to work independently and with excellent follow-through on tasks;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Works cooperatively and proactively in group situations;
- Gathers and analyzes information creatively and skillfully;
- Desire to be a thought leader in a rapidly growing organization, providing not only ideas, but real, workable solutions that others can take and use to drive company growth.
Technical / Functional Requirements:
- Ability to understand technical documentation such as system architecture diagrams, rework instructions, acceptance and test procedures;
- Able to understand and diagnose complex data structures;
- Able to learn and work with new database technologies;
- 1-3 years of experience installing applications in Windows, Unix, AIX, Linux and Solaris environments;
- 5-7 years of experience developing report applications in Business Objects Enterprise including WEBI report generation and Universe design and creation;
- BS/BA degree in computer science, IT, or the equivalent;
- 7-10 years of experience working in an enterprise software development / implementation
- Practical experience working with or deploying Genesys technologies is a big plus;
- Practical experience with best Consulting Services/Project Delivery practices employed in the industry among leading consulting organizations;
- Experience with the following:
- Call Center operations or reporting experience;
- Work Force Management application experience;
- Application Server configuration and administration (Geronimo, Weblogic, iPlanet);
- Apache web server configuration skills (Reverse Proxies,etc.);
- Ability to review and understand XML data structures;
- NoSQL database (Cassandra).
How You Do It:
- How You Think: Understands the business and takes a non-traditional approach to solving common problems. Willing to draw outside the lines and find new ways to make an impact on old problems.
- How You Interact: Can easily build collaborative relationships that energize individuals, teams, and the company into action. You are a global thinker and can work across locations and time zones. You are an excellent communicator and listener, and can easily persuade to drive a vision and purpose.
- How You Own It: You are a hands-on executor who can drive change and clearly communicate across all stakeholders.
- How You Show Up: Embodies Genesys core cultural values and pushes to create an authentic employee experience. You are the type of person who can succeed through ambiguity, bringing clarity where there is no roadmap, who can re-set when a change in direction is needed without getting derailed or frustrated. You are authentic and instill the trust in others.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top