Sr PS Consultant
Job Title: Implementation Consultant
Department & Team: Professional Services
Reports to : Manager, Professional Services
The Implementation Consultant is a leader in a worldwide team that delivers Genesys solutions to direct customers, strategic accounts, and partners around the world. This role is primarily responsible for the design and overall technical implementation of customer solutions, including accurate documentation of designs and resource scheduling. These tasks focus primarily upon the Genesys product suite, but an overall implementation involves issues that span the breadth of IT; it may touch on hardware, virtualized hardware, operating systems, software, telephony, or network.
Meeting customer expectations and timelines are crucial to the success of our team, so excellence in quality and customer service is imperative. Work is performed both remotely and by traveling on site to work directly with the customer.
• Translates customer business requirements into detailed, comprehensive design documentation
• Schedules and guides technical resources in the completion of technical designs
• Configures, develops, and troubleshoots customer system configurations according to project documentation
• Actively participates in meetings and direct conversations with customers
• Provides remote support or travels on site as needed
• Provides end-user training to customer resources
• Identifies implementation related problem areas and solves the issues in a proactive manner
• Handles escalations in a direct, calculated manner.
- Maintains accurate and timely submission of timesheets, expense reports, and project-related forms
- Maintains regular internal communications with project team, team lead, and manager
- Provides feedback and updates to internal process through internal documentation
- Follows standard department processes.
- Continues to stay abreast of technology through internal training, lab development, and industry standard training/certifications
- Develops and conducts internal training sessions .
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Technology, related technical discipline, or equivalent professional technical experience
• Industry standard certifications preferred (CCNA, MCSE, etc)
• 4+ years of call center/enterprise telephony implementation/management experience or 3+ years of Genesys software implementation experience
- IP Telephony & Hardware: AudioCodes Mediant Gateway, Genesys PureConnect Interaction Edge, Genesys PureCloud Edge, Audiocodes, Cisco Gateways, IP Telephones (Polycom, Cisco, etc.)
- Cisco/Juniper/other network routing and switching devices is an added advantage.
- Software: Wireshark, MS Server, DHCP/DNS, MS Hyper-V, VMWare ESXi, MS Visio, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Email (MS Outlook)
- Operating Systems: Windows 2008/2012R2, Windows 7/10
- Knowledge on Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a bonus
- Capable of leading a team through a fast paced and complex project
- Capable of effectively delegating tasks to a resource pool to efficiently drive a project
- Thorough understanding of the requirement gathering process
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills, including escalation management and information presentation
- Thorough understanding of customer service processes
- Thorough understanding of change control processes
- Exercises good judgment
- Strong follow-through, ownership & responsibility on tasks assigned.
- Effective time management and maintains flexibility
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/ , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #LI-MP1
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top