Sr. PS Consultant
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Position Title: Sr. Professional Services Consultant (IVR)
Job Location: Chennai, India
The Global Custom Solution Practice is a global Professional Services team responsible for delivery and support of custom developed software services focused on Genesys products, solutions and off-the-shelf Expert Applications that complement or extend the Genesys line of products.
Services provided by the candidate will include solution architecture and design, software development, integration consulting, software deployment, customer training, team education and custom application support.
The successful candidate will work closely with their team lead, software designers, quality assurance and engagement teams to develop proof of concept and IVR application solutions for our customers using the Genesys IVR Development tools (Composer, Designer and SpeechStorm). IVR Applications are built for Genesys premise, Premier and Business edition Cloud solutions and span DTMF through advanced speech applications with web service integration to 3rd party platforms. The goal of the role is always to provide the best customer experience for our customers and partners.
In this role, the primary responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Work with Genesys technical teams and business partners to design, develop and maintain integrated IVR applications for DTMF and speech interactions.
- Create accurate development effort estimates in collaboration with the team manager, Professional Services project managers or regional managers.
- Present and demonstrate proposed IVR solutions as required. Perform knowledge transfer of the delivered solutions at the conclusion of the engagement as necessary.
- Communicate within the global community respecting cultural, language and time zone variations
- Demonstrate flexibility to adjust working hours to match customer and team interactions
- Provide support to entitled clients at the application level for custom developed solutions (applications and components) on as needed basis. This may include being part of a custom application support rotation schedule.
- Work as a team player to the organization. Providing feedback to the product organization about issues found in API's, documentations or architectures.
- BS/MS/BA or equivalent. Computer Science major preferred.
- 5-8 years of commercial IVR applications development experience in appropriate development tools, VoiceXML 2.1, GrXML and Advanced Speech Recognition engines (Nuance preferred). Additional computer languages such as PHP, Java or C# is a plus.
- Understanding of the IVR application architecture including web components, telephony, caching, prompt servers, ASR and operational diagnostics.
- Experience with deploying software, administrative procedures and configuration for Windows and Linux operating environments.
- Ability to work independently on routine duties or projects with general instructions on new assignments.
- Demonstrate solid analytical programming and problem solving skills
- Good verbal, writing skills and the ability to effectively interact with clients (business and technical audiences) in the English language is a must. Having similar capabilities in other major European languages is a plus.
- Must be able to present examples of candidate written technical documentation such as technical design specifications, user guides or deployment manuals.
- Optimize billable utilization opportunity
- Must demonstrate ability to effectively understand and consult with clients and partners (vendors and internal teams) in a high paced environment and flexible schedules. May assist with resolving escalated customer issues that originated with customers or partners.
Familiarity with the following is a definite plus:
Practical experience developing and deploying Genesys solutions with Genesys tools such as Genesys Composer, Designer and Speechstorm
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top