Sr. Professional Services Project Manager
The Professional Services Senior Project Manager will represent Genesys with authority to the customer, as the leader of the delivery project team and owner of the project. Acting with autonomy and accountability, the Project Manager will ensure that the project potential is realized and that the customer is delighted, while adhering to the project defined triple constraints of cost, scope, and time, inclusive of change requests. The Senior Project Manager must clearly understand the project objectives, along with the business requirements, and act as the primary interface with the customers to set the agenda, manage customer expectations, develop and implement a risk mitigation strategy, proactively resolve issues, negotiate appropriately, and communicate internally and externally, utilizing the Genesys methodology to lead the project to success. Achieving internal financial goals via project predictability and financial rigor will be paramount. Additionally, the Senior Project Manager will look to expand our services foot print through strategic and collaborative partnerships with sales, the project team, and the customer. Senior Project Managers may also lead internal projects for organizational efficiencies and improvement, as well as participate pre-sales efforts around large opportunities.
Project Management is a key role within Genesys Professional Services and requires not only defined skills and experiences, but also the right attitude. The Senior Project Manager must provide authoritative leadership to the entire project team, taking ownership and responsibility of the project and outcomes. The Project Manager must also build strong and positive relationships with the key stakeholders, exhibiting high Emotional Intelligence and becoming their Trusted Advisor.
Responsibilities / Job Duties
In this role the primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for project management and ownership of multiple, concurrent medium- to large-sized, complex Genesys practice or solution engagements, adhering to and improving the Genesys methodology.
- Provide leadership to the organization by mentoring junior team members, encouraging individual development, contributing to intellectual capital, and sharing best practices
- Proactively and predictively manage the project(s) including developing work plan, scheduling resources, setting goals and priorities, ensuring deliverables are met, reporting project status, tracking and resolving issues, and customer acceptance.
- Full ownership of the financial variables within the project; lead the project to completion within the originally defined budget with consistent and recurrent financial status and projections both internally and externally.
- Implement change management process on engagement.
- Follow standard Professional Services Operational process and guidelines.
- Act as primary interface with customer to manage customer expectations, develop risk mitigation strategy, resolve issues, and communicate internally and externally to IT organizations.
- Act as point of escalation to resolve large, complex, high-risk engagements.
- Ensure engagements are on-time and on-budget.
- Identify additional sales opportunities resulting from engagement work.
- May act as engagement manager on a project.
- Project Management Institute certified.
- 10+ years of combined industry experience in Call Center technology, including three (3) years of Project Management experience.
- Strong technical background in a Professional Services function that includes software solutions, hardware, Operating Systems and Private Branch Exchange knowledge.
- Good verbal and writing skills; ability to make presentations to business and technical personnel; ability to do Knowledge transfer
- Bachelor's Degree and Project Management Professional certification
- Language requirements to be determined by Region
- PMI certification a plus
- Achieve profitability goals by providing high quality and efficient delivery services
- Work with assigned team to help forecast and achieve delivered revenue objectives on a quarterly basis
- Achieve customer satisfaction goals - internal and external
- Lead efforts in organizational improvement
- Provide pre-sales leadership and credibility in sales efforts
Special Position Requirements
§ Travel 10 - 40%
Note: By submitting your resume you will be considered for the location listed. When a job opens that fits your background, we will reach out and provide the full job description.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top