Sr. Product Designer
- Galway, Ireland
At Genesys, we believe leveraging the power of machine learning and artificial intelligence is central to our continued success as the world's number one customer experience platform. We are seeking a passionate and experienced Senior Product Designer to join our rapidly expanding global design team. Based in Galway City, you will be joining a collaborative, cross-disciplinary team who thrive on problem solving and relish big design challenges.
In this role, you will work with an outstanding group of designers, product managers and developers, whose objective is to integrate the power of AI into the interactions between a business and its customers. One of your goals will be to blend the capabilities of artificial intelligence seamlessly into the overall customer experience in a natural and intuitive way.
As a senior member of the team, you are a go-to person, can work collaboratively or autonomously, and serve as a mentor to others on your team. As a confident communicator, you can work laterally to engage with senior stakeholders across the different disciplines with ease.
This is a very exciting time for design at Genesys as we are experiencing a period of hypergrowth in our cloud-based product offerings. To meet this demand, we are scaling our global design team to ensure we deliver a world class experience to all our users. As Genesys is still in its early days of expansion in Ireland, you will also have the opportunity to influence the growth of our vibrant culture to ensure it becomes a place that everyone would love to work.
- Ability to define user problems and goals.
- Contribute to and review design efforts as needed to ensure ideas are realized to their fullest potential through the effective use of user-centred design and information principles.
- Participate as a design lead to cross-functional teams that include creative leads, other designers, project management, product management, software developers, and QA.
- Participate in product and feature ideation and conceptual development for web and mobile solutions, also taking into account responsive design considerations.
- Produce user requirements specifications, conceptual models, personas, storyboards/scenarios, flow charts, conceptual sketches, wireframes, IAs, design prototypes, and design specifications.
- Design and specify user interfaces using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
- Create digital assets that effectively communicate product function and intent, user interaction, and screen hierarchy.
- Communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually to stakeholders and team members.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
- Manage multiple projects at one time, switching focus between projects as required to manage priorities.
- Take on ownership of the product experience by contributing to our strategy and approach whilst supporting and advocating for user empathy and design process throughout.
- Provide mentorship to other designers.
- Degree in the field of Visual Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design or similar.
- At least 5 years' industry work experience in a UX related role.
- Experience conducting user research to inform the design process.
- Expertise designing and prototyping using tools such as Adobe CC, UXPin, Sketch or similar.
- Participation and knowledge of the full product cycle from concept to launch.
- Experience conducting customer workshops and discussions.
- Prior work experience with enterprise products.
- Prior experience in a similar senior UX role.
- High fidelity UI design.
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Previous experience designing for conversational UIs is a plus.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top