Sr. Network Systems Engineer
Role: Sr. Network Systems Engineer
Location: Araneta Center, Quezon City, Manila, Philippines
The IT Network Engineering team at Genesys is responsible for designing, deploying and operating a voice and data Network infrastructure that serves Genesys Corp . The role of the Senior Network Engineer is to help the team achieve this objective by bringing subject matter knowledge and experience in operating and managing network routers, switches, firewalls, and related components to ensure the highest levels of availability and security of Genesys platforms and services.
The Senior Network Engineer also participates in the implementation of policies and procedures and to ensure consistency with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements. The person in this role has the ability to demonstrate breadth of knowledge across multiple areas of information technology and apply across multiple customer facing, business critical environments. The candidate will be a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology projects or issues.
- Work with various departments within the company to develop, administer and support cost effective and operationally supportable solutions to the data network infrastructure.
- Be a key influencer in the development of network architecture in the integration projects that are currently underway as well as new projects.
- Provide network infrastructure support to a development community by optimizing and troubleshooting corporate, pre-production, and production networks.
- Design, Implement and maintain the existing and future Datacenter networks providing advanced troubleshooting and performance optimization skills to network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, VPN and remote access gateways.
- Manage, troubleshoot and optimize the company's global WAN including all Point to Point, VPN and Internet facing connections.
- Create and extend network documentation, utilizing automated tools where possible.
- Deploy and maintain network performance and traffic monitoring tools utilizing automation and scripting where necessary.
- Provide an escalation point for resolving complex network problems requiring extended skills and extensive research.
- Work with vendor support organizations for troubleshooting and root cause analysis.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure.
- Work closely with other technical groups located locally and remotely.
- Provide knowledge transfer with peers.
- Knowledge and understanding of computer and network system requirements and standards.
- Knowledge and experience with TCP/IP networking, including all the following:
- Hardware: Cisco ISR's, ASR's, Catalyst Switches (6K's, 4K's, 3K's and 9K's), Nexus 7000, 5000, UCS, ASA, WLAN, and WAN Optimization.
- Protocols: TCP/IP, OSPF, EIGRP, DMVPN, SSLVPN, BGP, SNMP, MPLS, Multicast, QoS, and IPSEC.
- Infrastructure: LAN, WAN, WLAN, and MAN.
- Network Management: Network Instruments Solarwinds Orion, Nagios, and ASDM
- 8+ years Cisco specific hands-on experience
- Experience with Alcatel-Lucent Network Hardware a plus
- Experience with F5 or Citrix NetScaler a plus.
- Experience with VoIP and SAN/NAS solutions a plus
- Experience in Datacenter and enterprise Networks and excellent knowledge and understanding of OSI Layer 1-4.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills necessary in Visio, PowerPoint Presentation, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized self-starter
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to apply them towards the investigation of existing installations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Services, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CCNA & CCNP certification required, CCIE a plus.
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via http://www.genesys.com/, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
In her role, Tracy leads all aspects of Genesys' human resources function globally.
Back to top