Sr. IT Automation Engineer
Job Title: Senior IT Automation Engineer
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, implementing and automating processes and procedures to help solve complex business and operations issues. These solutions may leverage our current infrastructure and tool sets, leverage existing solutions which have been developed by our internal staff, or new platforms and systems which need to be integrated into our current environment. The goal is to eliminate inefficiencies in new and existing processes in a way that supports the overall corporate initiatives.
The Automation Engineer will need to have a wide breadth of technical skills, and the ability to choose the correct tool for any given problem. A curiosity and passion for new technologies, in addition to more established technologies is important for this role.
- Evaluate processes and procedures to recommend maintainable, automated solutions
- Maintain a Monitoring System, and automation of tasks to manage alerts and outages
- Maintain an enterprise level Backup System
- Manage and maintain corporate Cloud tenants
- Work with various Information Technology teams to provide a consensus based solution that is scalable, adaptable, and in sync with business needs.
- Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, procedures, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of technology within the Enterprise
- Participate in Change and Release Management as required.
- Manage various projects as directed
- Bachelor's degree in the field of computer science or similar technical area
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Information Technology
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2012 configuration best practices
- Experience with various scripting languages, including PowerShell and Python.
- Experience with enterprise-class configuration management system
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with enterprise-class Monitoring sytems
- Experience with enterprise-class Backup systems
- Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
- Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
- Communicates regularly with peers and management
- Regularly presents project requirements to internal business owners and project participants
- Minimal travel may be required to stay abreast of technology and industry trends as well as visit customer and business meeting sites
- Uses computer frequently
Genesys® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and the Genesys blog.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Manager of Support Architects
Olga leads a team of technical experts in the Customer Care Department who focus on the successful optimization of Genesys deployments both locally and in the cloud.
Back to top