Sr. Information Systems Administrator
Title: Sr. Information Systems Administrator
Purpose: To work with the extended IT Operations team to accomplish global IT deliverables. This position is a member of the IT Wintel Operations team.
- Participate in typical day-to-day activities of the server operations team including problem resolution, system monitoring, hardware/software administration, change control management and hardware/software lifecycle administration.
- Administer IT Windows, Hyper-V, and VMWare servers along with the associated storage and backup infrastructure
- Accept assignment to IT projects as directed by management and work to meet set timelines.
- Day-to-day troubleshooting and incident resolution via centralized Help Desk ticket system.
- Help to ensure IT standards, policies, and procedures are carried out within the environment
- Collaborate with other IT teams to accomplish common objectives and projects.
- Installation, removal and ongoing maintenance of server, network and storage equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualfications and Requirements:
- At least 5 years' experience with system administration in the IT field
- Experience with server/client applications, networking, virtualization, back up methodologies, and directory services.
- Experience supporting enterprise standard technologies including Microsoft Windows/Active Directory/Exchange/SQL/Lync/Hyper-V, VMWare vSphere, EMC Storage arrays, and Dell/HP hardware.
- Experience supporting Office 365 in a hybrid environment, including Exchange Online with on-premise Exchange and Active Directory
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Routinely moves equipment weighing up to 50lbs (22.7Kg)
- Travel will be required on occasion
Meet Some of Genesys's Employees
Chief People Officer
I believe in the golden rule. That means treating others the way i would want to be treated and that philosophy and that approach is through the entire human resources organization.
Back to top