Sr. Engineer, Cloud Development Support
- Galway, Ireland
The Development Support team maintains a crucial position within the Genesys Cloud R&D organization. As the technical escalation point for all L3/L4 equivalent engineering support requests, we are po sitioned strategically with a unique insight into the usage, performance and availability of the platform and individual services which comprise our product.
We collect and correlate data from multiple reporting streams and customer trouble reports into metrics and action plans designed to highlight soft spots and speed issue mitigation.
- Bug fix/management.
- Self Service/automation
- Abusive access/Bad actor management
The Sr. Engineer, Cloud Development Support is responsible for subject matter expertise and customer advocacy within a taxonomy-based operations team providing proactive and reactive support to our cloud customers and services.
In addition to the technical competencies, the Sr. Engineer sets direction, establishes training, and provides mentorship to technical resources across all internal and external channels. The Sr. Engineer will serve as technical advisor to solve difficult issues within the given domain and will provide technical leadership as part of a dynamic team in a very technologically demanding environment. A high degree of interaction, leadership and customer empathy is required with customers support channels and team members.
- Serve as an active support engineer, interfacing with support channels and resolving issues.
- Partner with R&D service owners for assigned technical domain.
- Provide training and education to Team Members in assigned technical domain.
- Serve as a technical advisor on complex issues to technical support engineers within a given technical domain.
- Keeps a current, general background across the PureCloud product line and associated AWS hosted services.
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Technology, related technical discipline, or equivalent professional technical experience.
- Proven excellence with customer facing activities. Must have a passion for customer satisfaction, and have the ability to manage customer's needs and expectations.
- Expert technical knowledge, understanding, and experience in assigned technical domain.
- Two years' experience implementing or supporting complex software applications in enterprise customer environments.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment to determine appropriate solutions to customer technical issues.
- Possesses demonstrated leadership qualities and self-sufficiency.
- Proven ability to meet critical customer deadlines.
- API, Integrations, Analytics or WFM/WEM experience beneficial.
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top