Sr. Director, Customer Success
Title: Senior Director, APAC Cloud Customer Success
Reporting: Senior Vice President (SVP) Global Cloud Customer Success (Boston, MA, USA)
Location: Sydney, Australia, or Singapore Travel: ~50%
Role: The Senior Director of APAC Cloud Customer Success (CS) will lead and manage a growing team of Customer Success Managers/Genesys Advisors (CSM/GA) with the mission of bringing the best of Genesys to our customers and the best of our customers to Genesys to achieve mutual success. This leader must be adept at both the art and science of customer success -with the art being the ability to inspire and influence internally and externally and the science being a well-executed playbook for customer engagement, both direct and indirect (via partners). This individual will be measured on a blend of Financial and Customer Success metrics including revenue, gross and net retention, reference-ability, and product and services adoption. Our APAC Cloud CS team supports three distinct cloud Lines of Business (LOBs) across our APAC sub-regions: ANZ, Japan, South Korea, Greater China, Southeast Asia, India and the Philippines.
The Senior Director APAC Cloud Customer Success has the following main areas of responsibility:
1) Achieve our Financial and Customer Success metrics.
a. Including Revenue, Gross Retention, Net Retention, Reference-ability, NPS, Product and Service Adoption.
b. Manage and drive our revenue forecast process to optimize results while providing transparency.
c. Manage to our expense budget.
2) Lead our team to execute our Cloud Customer Success Playbook to enable outstanding customer engagement
a. On-boarding, Customer Success Plans (CSPs), Executive Business Reviews (EBRs), and our NPS program.
b. Drive strong execution and delivery of PureSuccess offers and service elements.
c. Own the regional Renewal process to ensure retention and growth.
d. Own the regional Revenue Forecast, along with plans to seize/eliminate all Upsides/Risks.
e. Ensure each CSM/GA has a Territory Plan and regular cadence of Territory Reviews.
f. Provide regional escalation management via anticipating and eliminating customer escalation risks.
g. Perform all the above for our Direct and Indirect customers, via Partner and end-Customer engagement.
3) Develop our talent (presently ~6 CSMs/GAs) to be world class
a. Direct responsibility for leading, coaching, and inspiring a team of individual contributors.
b. Fulfill all people management functions, including hiring, on- (and off) boarding, performance management, compensation management, and career development.
c. Manage assignment of customer accounts to CSM/GA Territories (portfolios)
4) Build strong relationships with Regional, Global and Functional organizations
a. Serve as key member of the APAC Regional leadership, including "dotted line" to Sr. VP & GM APAC region and the APAC Customer Success Liaison, partnering with all other regional leaders including participation at QBRs and other x-functional meetings.
b. Build strong relationships with Global Functional and LOB leaders - including "dotted line" relationship to Global Customer Success leaders of PureEnage Cloud, PureConnect Cloud and PureCloud.
c. Serve as a key leader in our Global Cloud Customer Success team.
1) 10+ years experience leading customer-facing teams to consistently meet financial and performance goals.
2) Ability to thrive in a collaborative, decentralized, matrixed organization and culture.
3) High personal and business integrity.
4) Highly fluent in English language; with outstanding communication skills (written, verbal, public speaking).
5) Willingness and ability to travel regularly in the region, as well as to the USA 2-4 times annually.
6) Willingness and ability to engage with global contacts outside of local, standard business hours.
7) Ability to operate successfully at a high level in business within the different regional cultures.
1) Additional language skills for the region, particularly Japanese, Mandarin or Korean.
2) An advanced business degree (MBA or equivalent)
Genesys ® powers more than 25 billion of the world's best customer experiences each year. We put the customer at the center of everything we do and passionately believe that great customer engagement drives great business outcomes. More than 10,000 companies in more than 100 countries trust the industry's #1 customer experience platform to orchestrate omnichannel customer journeys that eliminate silos and build lasting relationships. With a strong track record of innovation and a never-ending desire to be first, Genesys is the only company recognized by top industry analysts as a leader in both cloud and on-premise customer engagement solutions. Connect with Genesys via www.genesys.com , Twitter , Facebook , YouTube , LinkedIn , and the Genesys blog .
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Back to top